"Compro H900", "Compro E800" or "Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro" ? (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi All

Its time for an upgrade :D , and I’m stuck on making a decision between a number of different TV-cards. I presently have a Hauppauge PVR500 analogue TV-card, but one of the tuners packed up just as the warranty on the card ran out. :mad: I had endless problems with this Hauppauge card, even after having it replaced and fixed a few times. So now I would like to change to another manufacturer and see if it does not work better for me.

I only use the Composite and S-Video, so my requirement is that these inputs give good image quality.

The only products available in my country worth choosing from are the following:

1) Compro H900 – Analogue only card.
    2) Compro E800 – Analogue and DVB-T
    3) Sapphire Theatrix 550 PRO – Analogue only.

I'm very keen on the "Sapphire Theatrix", but the "Compro E800" also looks like a good card. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated…

:D

isoseeker

Portal Member
    December 28, 2006
    Hi Geov,

I have 2 Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro and must say it produces a nice picture. Although you need to tweak the tv card definitions within MP for it to be recognized. It does come with an ATI breakout box which you can hookup to a TV set via SVHS or RCA video out.

I have never used the Compro to give you a side by side comparison. The price I paid for each 550 Pro were 95.00 CAD about a year ago.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Can anyone else give me some detail about how they experience the quality of the Sapphire 550 Pro vs the Compro cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom