Computer freeze, reinstall and no signal (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hello

I have MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 and Windows XP. MediaPortal was working well with my Hauppauge duel tuner card.

However, when MediaPortal was recording but closed my computer tried to find a web camera I recently installed and then froze up and I had to reset the power button to restart it. MediaPortal would not work after that. I reinstalled it but it would not record and the folder where the recording folder was is not found.

I then downloaded Revo uninstaller to completely remove MediaPortal and then reinstalled. However, after scanning the channels and clickng on the TV I get “No Signal” . I also tried uninstalling with Revo and reinstalling. The TV guide still works and I everything in the EPG is still ticked even after a complete uninstall and reinstall even before I tune anything in. Possibly something is not uninstalling. Another possibility is that one of the extra programs that needed to be installed with it or DirectX could be corrupted.

During installation it says “Very old MP/TV-Engine installation” is Removed.

The log is below. Do you have any suggestions.

2012-05-05 14:21:48.812500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: d3dapp: An error occured in OnResize - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font.OnResetDevice()
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font.OnParentReset(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.raise_DeviceReset(Object i1, EventArgs i2)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Reset(PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.OnParentResized(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.OnResize(EventArgs e)

Regards Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom