[confirm] Computer freezes after watching video -- HARD RESTART NEEDED (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have had this bug for quite some time and now Its time to track it down.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Download a video in online videos MopVideo or VideoBull
    2. Import it in to TV-Series
    3. Watch from TV-Series right to the end. Video finishes and rating dialog pops up.
    4. Fall asleep while watching Video, So you miss the end and don't even see the rating pop up.
    5. After 300 seconds from the end of the video screen will blank out and 1 hour later try to wake PC.
    6. PC is now frozen and responds to nothing but holding the power button down for 10sec
    I will post logs in a second from HTPC not that they will be any good. Last entry is the 300sec display blanking timer. nothing after but the restart. Cheers happy hunting.

A few things to note
    • I have disable the PC Sleep/Hibernate as this made my WiFi dongle Unresponsive
    • Only thing I do is let MP blank the Screen, PC stays awake
    • This problem is a good two years old all latest versions
    • I have had the same results with all video media in OnlineVideos, Moving Pictures and my Videos, but haven't used them lately to know if it still exist.
    • Its only after watching a Video and the screen blanks.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just realised that thread is internal-only. Sorry to the people who can't read it.

Quarter: those log files are kinda long. I'm not immediately able to spot any standby/resume messages amongst the IFC output. The error log does have quite a few entries, but not sure what I should focus on.
    Are you able to give any direction about when the problem last occurred?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya :)

I'll wait for the logs, but in the meantime maybe this could be related:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-is-invoked-after-resume-from-standby.125275/

mm

Not quite the same issue, But like all threads in here they are close but not close enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1396437416][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just realised that thread is internal-only. Sorry to the people who can't read it.

Quarter: those log files are kinda long. I'm not immediately able to spot any standby/resume messages amongst the IFC output. The error log does have quite a few entries, but not sure what I should focus on.
    Are you able to give any direction about when the problem last occurred?

Yup mediaportal.log

Code:
    [2014-04-02 22:28:32,384] [Log    ] [26       ] [DEBUG] - TextureManager: added: memoryImage   total count: 148, mem left (MB): 3320
    [2014-04-02 22:28:32,384] [Log    ] [25       ] [DEBUG] - TextureManager: added: memoryImage   total count: 149, mem left (MB): 3320
    [2014-04-02 22:33:30,767] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Idle timer is blanking the screen after 300 seconds of inactivity
    [2014-04-02 22:54:16,369] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: MediaPortal v1.6.100.0 is starting up on Windows 7 ( Service Pack 1 ) [6.1.7601.65536]
    [2014-04-02 22:54:16,403] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Build: 1.6.100.0

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hrm, just some things I noticed reading your post:

After 300 seconds from the end of the video screen will blank out and 1 hour later try to wake PC.
    vs.
    I have disable the PC Sleep/Hibernate as this made my WiFi dongle Unresponsive

As you are saying this issue happens for various MP-Versions and I have not read such issue often here in forums, I would say its somewhat hardware related (probably) to your Wifi dongle. Please try to disable this Wifi dongle and test if the issue is still there.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No longer using it, have pci one now and no issues with it.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Sorry, but I don't understand your setup now:
    You're saying

I have disable the PC Sleep/Hibernate
    but even though you have disabled S3/S4 you say
    1 hour later try to wake PC

So do you mean PC is going to S3/S4 even you don't have it configured to do so? I am a bit confused now.

And: does it happen in MP-Debug-Mode (all plugins disabled) too?

And: does it only happen within TVSeries-Plugin? EDIT: If so, maybe try to disable the rating-popup?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From mp.error it seems that some db are not ok (maybe corrupt) but maybe it was a consequence of bad resume.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, but I don't understand your setup now:
    You're saying

but even though you have disabled S3/S4 you say

So do you mean PC is going to S3/S4 even you don't have it configured to do so? I am a bit confused now.

And: does it happen in MP-Debug-Mode (all plugins disabled) too?

And: does it only happen within TVSeries-Plugin? EDIT: If so, maybe try to disable the rating-popup?

Bad description whatever you call it when you try unblank the screen. And start using mp again.
    First post contains things to note about where and when it happens.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh the databases should be another issue, I have backed up databases and have swap them over awhile ago. Unless the logs are showing recently. Seems a server plugin destroys the databases maybe when this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom