Comskip is crashing tv-server (2 Viewers)

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the unfortunate fun of losing my boot drive and had to reinstall.

My thanks to the backup plugin for saving me tons of time btw.

After reloading I had to go over a few things and ensure they were fine. For ComSkip I downloaded comskip80_042.zip and copied the files where they need to go.

I downloaded comskip_usa.zip and put those files where they need to go.

The activated the comskip plugin in tv-server config.

Now everytime a recording ends, comskip is launched, and immediately the tv-server dies.

I disabled the comskip plugin tonight.

I can load tv-server config. Go to Plugins. Go to comskip, and load any recorded tv program (I usually pick the last recorded item that caused everything to crash) and click the TEST button and everything runs fine. If we watch that recorded tv program it skips commercials.

I will attach logs from immediately after the last crash.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MePo recorded another show tonight and immediately after launching ComSkip it and the TV-Server crashed. Had to restart the tv server in order for the rest of the house to be able to watch LiveTV.

MePo 1.2.2. Freshly installed system. I've copied over the comskip plugin directory with fresh copies, installed the comskip_usa ini file and text file. Restarted. Rebooted. Logs just show it calling comskip and next entry is when I restart the tv-server service.

Very odd and really makes the WAF go way way down. She'd never be able to get things running if it crashed and I wasn't home.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Have you tried disabling UAC?

Also (another wild guess) - I'd recommed moving the comskip folder into its own folder/path (eg c:\program files\comskip) and not keep it under plugins.

J.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

Have you tried disabling UAC?

Also (another wild guess) - I'd recommed moving the comskip folder into its own folder/path (eg c:\program files\comskip) and not keep it under plugins.

J.

At this point I'm willing to try anything. UAC is active, I will disable. And I will move the comskip folder too. There's more to be recorded Wednesday night but I may schedule a little 30 minute program today just to see what happens while nobody is home.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After disabling UAC and moving the comskip folder to c:/program files/comskip, and updating the location to comskip in tv-server config, I scheduled a simple 30 minute show to record. After the recording the tv logs show it called up comskip but no files were created. If I go into tv-server config, click the plus sign before plugins, click on comskiplauncher and then load up the tv show that wasn't scanned for commercials and press test, everything runs normally.

At least the tv-server service didn't crash, but it's going to suck to have to manually go to tv-server and press a bunch of buttons to get commercials skipped. I thought this was all pretty basic stuff for MePo.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Have you tried launching comskip.exe directly and not the launcher program. There were issues with spaces in paths/directory names I think.

J.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    An update. Last night it recorded an hour long show from 8-9. I watched it from 10-11 and it skipped commercials.

There has been two other shows recorded since and when I checked the recorded tv folder, they have commercials flagged on them too.

I haven't made any further changes. I can't even remember if I had to restart the machine, but it's magically "working" again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom