Configurable Power Off on Home Screen (1 Viewer)

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Probably really simple (like me!), and there is possibley a way you can manually alter it in the skin but it would be really nice if you could assign the option of either 'shut down' or 'stand by' to the function of the power button on home page.

I have reached the point where the pc is almost never shut down except when the wife clicks this button and then to restart I have to login with password etc and it takes around 30 sec as opposed to 2 sec for a recover from standby.

Possibly just add an option in the homepage plugin settings?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may use the Home Plugin along with the script "Hybernate" or "Standby". You can then add this as a normal Menue entry in the homer screen. (Plugins -> Home -> Configure)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mbuzina said:
    You may use the Home Plugin along with the script "Hybernate" or "Standby". You can then add this as a normal Menue entry in the homer screen. (Plugins -> Home -> Configure)

There are existing scripts for "Shutdown" and "Hibernate", but there doesn't appear to be an existing script for "Standby" - is this correct?

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    perhaps a better way to look at this would be if the power button on MP mimics the settings for the power button on the case. EG if the power button on the case is set to shutdown then MP follows suit. Likewise if the power button is set to trigger standby then again MP would also go to standby when the power button was selected onscreen.

poppy10. Not only would I like the option to select shutdown / standby for the wife but it would be quite nice if I could select from mutiple skins like MP (just for a change!). That would be the ultimate feature request!

spoco2

Portal Member
    March 6, 2006
    On this same request, while I know that there is now the choice to Shutdown/Hibernate/Standby from the power button on the home screen, they quit media portal before doing the shutdown.

I would love there to be an option for standby/hibernate to not shutdown MP, as I really want it up and running when I start the computer again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom