Configuration idea for EPG in MP (make it simple but still powerful) (1 Viewer)

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Utilizing my idea of "country-templates" found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=12688
    We would have the possibility of grouping EPG by country eliminating the not-so-user-friendly steps to get a working epg using webepg/xml-tv.

A picture says more than thousand works regarding gui, so I fired up my VS2005, made a dummy gui, and did a little bit of photoshop modifications... I don't have the skill to program it---

During tv tuning mp should capture a frame, and use it as an icon for the channel. That should make it easy for everyone to identify a channel regardless of teletext names, or the lack of them..

The black square containing a channel name is a "drag and drop" in action. So the idea is to drag the channel name over the image, and drop it to make the channel to epg connection, and thus giving the channel a friendly name.

Hope you like the idea. Now we need someone who can code it.. ;)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    The frame grab idea won't work if the channel doesn't have an watermark, or if ads are showing (usually the watermark is disabled when ads are showing) but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe show the name grabbed from the DVB stream as well, as it is easy to identify channels from that name.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Jawbroken: If you have a closer look at the screenshot you'll see a button "get new channel image" that button is supposed to grab a new frame.
    But showing dvb-name, teletext-name, or simply the channel frequency/cabel-number is a good idea. Maybe there should be two textfields on each image "EPG: #####" AND "Channel: #####"...

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, I saw the get new channel image thing, but sitting there, hitting that button, for up to four minutes until an adbreak finishes (or longer for channels that aren't watermarked at all) isn't exactly ideal in most cases.

Maybe it would be better to just display the channels tuned and as video one by one, allowing people to pick a name from a list of Guide channels and rename if they want. This would probably be a better workflow in my mind, and there will also not be the (possibly) long wait to grab a frame from each channel at the start.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    jawbroken: Yes good ideas. but tweaks imo. The general concept is to allow for visual interaction, and put the whole process of creating a epg-guide in one dialog..
    hmm... you're the only one commenting.. is it a bad idea, or is something else already planned? Would be good to hear from a developer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom