Configuration Log errors (1 Viewer)

dmakfan

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
Hello, I wasn't sure where to post possible bugs in the configuration tool, so hopefully this will find the right developers.

I installed 0.2.3.0 RC2 last week (my first ever Mediaportal install) and I couldn't get any of the channels to actually get added. I'm actually only trying to use external channels (with a set top box). I then uninstalled it, and installed 0.2.3.0 RC3 when it became available. I had the same problems.

I looked at the configuration.txt log file, and noticed a ton of SQLite errors, which probably explains why it couldn't add any channels.

I'd love to get this going, but no one in the other forum seems to be able to help me. So I'm hoping someone closer to the development side of things might be able to interpret the log. Here's one where I just opened up the configuration tool and tried to "Add CVBS/SVHS".

Thanks,
Dave

dmakfan

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
I should add that when I click on the "Add CVBS/SVHS" button, nothing appears to happen. And if I try and go to "Add", after filling in all the channel information, it just brings me back to the TV Channels screen, and the list remains empty.
Also, if I try and add channels from my Capture Card screen under "AutoTune", that doesn't work either. When I click on "Download" in the City Download box, after a while, a status message comes up and says:
"Imported 72 new tv channels, 0 updated tv channels".
I'm guessing it's all connected to this database problem :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The missing dll's error it's known (fix will be in final release) & you can get rid of those with editing the shortcuts & startup path to MP installation folder.

The other error it's your TV database, seems like it is corrupt & the question is was it a clean install or a old db?
    Btw if it was a old one just rename TVDatabaseV21.db3 (in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database folder) to something else & try MP Configuration again..

Regards
    Roy

dmakfan

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Thanks Roy. It was a brand new install. What should I do to clear my database?

Thanks!
    Dave

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Try to delete/rename the TVDatabaseV21.db3 in database folder & run configuration, if still problems attach configuration.log again (going to sleep now, but can try to reproduce your issue tomorrow based on the log) ;)

Regards
    Roy

dmakfan

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Hi Roy,

Thanks! Deleting the database file did the trick! I've attached the latest log file from the configuration. There are still errors in it, but the channel does appear now, and when I startup mediaportal, I can watch TV now :)

Now that I think about it, when I first ran the configuration tool after installing the program for the first time, I think I may have clicked on the app more than once to start... If I think back, it was slow to startup the very first time (it took a bit before the splash screen came up, and I probably tried to start it again because I wasn't sure if the app was loading or not). I wonder if that might have been what messed up the database?

Regarding the .dll's, which shortcuts are you referring to that I should change to get rid of that error? And should I be worried about the remaining SQLite errors?

Thanks again!
    Dave

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The shortcuts are the one in MediaPortal folder on start menu (MediaPortal & MP Configuration), just right click & properties & change the startup path to "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" on both.

When you start MP Configuration again after that there should only be one error & no other. The sql error should also be gone if not attach the new configuration.log again...

Regards
    Roy

dmakfan

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Hi Roy,

When I launch the configuration tool, I still get the .dll errors even though I've changed my startup path as you've described. I also still get some sql errors, although things seem to be functionally working now. I've attached my latest log file. I just launched the configuration tool, then when to add a CVBS/SVHS channel, then exited afterwards.

I'm going to start a new thread because I've now run into a new problem :) This time, it's when I try and resize the window where the TV is being rendered (or when I try to go to full-screen). Audio keeps playing but MediaPortal seems to lock up. The error log file is full of DirectX errors. I do have the latest version of DirectX installed though, but I'll try and update my video drivers first.

Thanks,
    Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom