Confirmation on program exit (1 Viewer)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I would really love to see a dialog box that comes up asking to confirm if I want to exit MP.....ESPECIALLY when there is a recording going on.

There have been a few times now where I'll be accessing my computer remotely, and restarted MP forgetting that I was recording something. :(

C

chuvke

This also happend to me a few times.

I agree with you, that it would be a nice feature to have.
A dialog saying : "x recordings active. When you quit MP these will be stopped. Are you sure ?"

Or something like that :)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Either that, or be able to keep the recording engine and scheduler running even if Media Portal itself isn't running.

For now, I'd settle for a confirmation dialog box :)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I motion this request. It happened to me several times that I closed MP by accident whilst recording, sometimes leading to a corrupted file. Most of the times giving an undesired WAF (wife approval factor) response.

I guess a confirmation dialog whilst exiting MP would make the program idiot proof, even for the highest qualified idiot. As always, where there are humans involved, there is human error.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I also think this would be great.

Last night I came home and went to turn on the TV. Instead I bumped the stadby button on my mce remote. I hoped that MP would stop the shut down, but no. ICQ has a (very annoying) feature where it won't let the PC shut down if there are any unanswered messages. In MP's case this would be an excellent feature.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think MP should take a leaf from ShowShifter and Intervideo Home Theater - a dialog should appear when you press the shutdown button on your remote, and on this dialog you can choose whether to exit to windows, shutdown, restart, standby, hibernate, turn off monitor or cancel. Of course, there should be a configuration option where you can disable particular buttons and set a default one.

While I'm thinking, maybe it should have a countdown as well, and after the countdown it will do the default action automatically.

Sam

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    A counter wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as the dialog box that comes up gives the status of MP.

EX:

There are X recordings in progress. Do you wish to cancel them and quit?

X seconds until close/cancel.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Khris said:
    A counter wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as the dialog box that comes up gives the status of MP.

EX:

There are X recordings in progress. Do you wish to cancel them and quit?

Y seconds until close/cancel.

Else there is a problem :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom