Connection Probs (1 Viewer)

Yosupman

September 9, 2008
EDIT: Fixed.. read a different thread and just copy pasted the config from my tvserver folder, changed comp name to my ip. I'm still getting failed on the TCP thing... not sure why. Any ideas?

Alright I'm trying to set this up so I can connect to my TvServer from outside my home, over the internet. I can't get it to connect. In the cconfig file, I have this line..
<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=MediaPortal;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDbRC1;Data Source=(MY IP);" />

When I hit connect in the client exe, I get a FAILED on MS SQL (TCP), everything else is OK. If I go to the Database Settings within the exe, and hit test I get "..... (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error : 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server)"
In the hostname field, it's just my IP listed. Shouldn't it add \SQLEXPRESS?? or Should I add that myself? When I do, I get "Cannot open database "MpTvDbRC1" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user "sa"". I'm 100% sure the pass I used was MediaPortal, and the username was sa. What I DONT know is the "schema name".. database name. I don't think I changed it, I'm pretty sure it's whatever the default was. I just don't know what that is. How can I figure out what my database/schema name is??? Btw, I don't think it's a port problem with the TCP error, as my comp's in the DMZ, no firewall. I'm on x64 vista btw.

Alright I've been googling and I am now trying to change the port that the MPTV client tries to connect on.. I changed it in the mysql server but how do I change it in the client?

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
EDIT: Fixed.. read a different thread and just copy pasted the config from my tvserver folder, changed comp name to my ip. I'm still getting failed on the TCP thing... not sure why. Any ideas?

Alright I'm trying to set this up so I can connect to my TvServer from outside my home, over the internet. I can't get it to connect. In the cconfig file, I have this line..
<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=MediaPortal;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDbRC1;Data Source=(MY IP);" />

When I hit connect in the client exe, I get a FAILED on MS SQL (TCP), everything else is OK. If I go to the Database Settings within the exe, and hit test I get "..... (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error : 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server)"
In the hostname field, it's just my IP listed. Shouldn't it add \SQLEXPRESS?? or Should I add that myself? When I do, I get "Cannot open database "MpTvDbRC1" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user "sa"". I'm 100% sure the pass I used was MediaPortal, and the username was sa. What I DONT know is the "schema name".. database name. I don't think I changed it, I'm pretty sure it's whatever the default was. I just don't know what that is. How can I figure out what my database/schema name is??? Btw, I don't think it's a port problem with the TCP error, as my comp's in the DMZ, no firewall. I'm on x64 vista btw.

Alright I've been googling and I am now trying to change the port that the MPTV client tries to connect on.. I changed it in the mysql server but how do I change it in the client?

seems that the database name is MP release dependent. I'm using MP 1.0 - so I removed the "RC1" from the database name mentioned above, and it worked for me.

the error message is different (Can't remember how) depending on if its password/schema error or just plain can't connect to port.

64bit requires the version of the client posted elsewhere on the forum, if you don't have that info already.
(so I found - my MP HTPC machine is vista 32bit, but my tv client machine is my work laptop running vista x64)
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom