Containers and Tags (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am just trying to figure out what tags are read from what containers with MP.

I am playing about with some AC3 files which play perfectly well if I use the directshow player and AC3File filter (to passthrough ac3 stream straight to amp).

Problem I have is tags. I would really like these files to just appear as the other files do in library view. I initially added one album manually to the database but I have found another 10 or so albums and would like to do some properly.

My thought was to embed the ac3 stream into an MKA container but scanning the forums I am not sure MP supports tags in MKA ??

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    we use taglib-sharp to read the tags. would needed to be enhanced for reading tags out of mka files.
    have you tested, if the stream plays when embedded in mka?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    we use taglib-sharp to read the tags. would needed to be enhanced for reading tags out of mka files.
    have you tested, if the stream plays when embedded in mka?

They do using the directshow player yes. They play fine as standard .ac3 files using this method (and AC3File) but I want to add some tags so I they can be used more easily in library mode.

taglib-sharp does support mp4 so I will see if I can add an ac3 stream into an mp4 container and tag that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom