Continues Playing function in series section (1 Viewer)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would it find nice to have a function to play series without press play for the next epsiode.

For example:

In past i have looking episode 1 and 2 from the first season of the big bang theory.

I go to series section
go to the big bang and press play on my remote on the season one
now he start playing the third episode of season one from the big bang theory.

a other way:
i go to the third episode in season one of the big bang theory
switch to the contextmenu and choose continues playing

I know, that i can make it with a playlist, but for a bigger part of epsiodes it is a many button-pressing

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try the playlist feature for this yet? It does not only work for audio but also for video.
    Start from an episode, context menu, add all to playlist. Maybe this helps already.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, but the issue is, if you don't want to start from beginning because you've seen some episodes already. Then the "add all to playlist" is not really what I wanted...
    In Kodi there is a setting where you can select separate for each module (there are a some more than in MP2) if the next video should be played automatically...
    upload_2018-12-27_17-53-50.png

Here this option is enabled for episodes and music videos but not for series, movies or "other" videos... Something like that is what @heiserfeger77 likes to have (and not only he would like that, I'm sure...)
    The difference between series and episodes here is, if you have selected series and you've played the last episode of a series then the playback continues with the first unseen episode from the next series (in whatever order you may have them displayed) Not really something I may use that often. Similar to movies it is not too often that I want to play the next movie in the list after the previous one is finished. Probably valid for movie collections but not for movies in general...

This option does, I play a video e.g. Episode S03E07 of "Travelers" and when the episode is watched Kodi automatically plays S03E08 of Travelers (if I have this episode available, of course) and so on, without me doing anything after I activated this option one time...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Such an option would be possible to implement. We already prefer different behaviour, i.e. using "add all" for images and audio, while video uses single-item handling.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, that i can make it with a playlist, but for a bigger part of epsiodes it is a many button-pressing
    Did you try the playlist feature for this yet? It does not only work for audio but also for video.
    Start from an episode, context menu, add all to playlist. Maybe this helps already.
    Just finish reading ;)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know the

Yes I know this function. But it is only right for a fully unseen season. Here where the perfect place for a function like "Add all unseen to playlist"

The first time i see this function in Emby. I use it for the moment for external access to look my movies and series, because the mpextended not working for this parts (only TV-Recordings) and the web interface is still in development (i think lehmden has say it in a other thread)

@Lehmden I think that for some people it is useful in the moviesection too. Not every user have tausend of unseen movies in his database. Some people only add movies to the database, that they plan to see. If I have seen all my imported movies at the moment and now add four new one, i can use this function without select every movie manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom