Wiki Contribute section for TVServer seems to not be descriptive enough (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I'm trying to compile the latest master on Windows 8 using VS2012 Express. I've installed the SDKs but no matter what I do, I can't seem to build any of the directshow filters from scratch. Is the Wiki up to date on this, or does it require further explanation. Can anyone do a step by step process to build the directshow filters?

Thanks,

Chris

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Vasilich,

It mainly seems to be the included base classes such as Stream.h. I've compiled according to the Wiki but it doesn't clearly explain where you need to add these directories once they're compiled. Currently got 101 Errors and 2678 Warnings!

Is there a clearer step by step process?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @tourettes,

It appears that step 5 is where I am failing. I've built the DS base class but where do I stick the variables? It is in VC++ , C++ etc that we put the paths as whenever I run the build script (or from within VS) it can never find the DS libararies that I've just built!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    You need to add environment variables like shown in: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Variable name = WINDOWS_SDK Value = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\vX.X\
    Variable name = DXSDK_DIR Value = C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (YYYYYYY XXXX)\
    Variable name = DSHOW_BASE Value = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\vX.X\Samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\BaseClasses\

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll be honest guys, you might want to add this bit in as I thought it referred to options within VS not just windows.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'll be honest guys, you might want to add this bit in as I thought it referred to options within VS not just windows.

There will be some bigger chnages to MP build process in near future - I'll update the build instructions at that moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom