Control beamer (1 Viewer)

Knocky

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
Hi!
I'm pretty new to MP and hope I put this topic into the right place.

I run my htpc on a Mitsubishi HC900E beamer. One of the nice features of this beamer is the remote function that can be used via RS232 offering nearly all functions that are available via the remote control.
But the only thing I'm looking for is the possibility to switch on the beamer when MP starts and to switch it off again when MP is shutdown.
Is this possible? Thanks for your answers!
Greets,
Knocky

Knocky

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
To precise the information:

When MP starts I would have to send the hex-code
30 30 21 0D
via COM 1 to switch on the beamer and the hex-code
30 30 5F 72 31 0D
to set it to RGB-Input.

When HP is shut down it would be the hex-code
30 30 5Fh 64h 32h 0D
to set the beamer back to DVI for my normal DVD player and
30 30 22 0D
to switch the beamer off.

Any idea how this could be done?
Thanks for your help!

BigCheese

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Germany
hm... someone should code some kind of autostart/autoend plugin, which is configurable with e.g. your com events, programm starts and so on...

perhaps one plugin: make the start thing at plugin-start, and the end thing at plugin-end... the question is, how are plugins terminated when MP shuts down? is there somekind of end-event ?

so in first step (if this works) it could be just for your com stuff...

hm... sounds not too hard ;) (but i am a newbie by myself)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Knocky said:
    Any idea how this could be done?
    Yes, I do a similar thing with my power-amps.....but I have it tied to my PC Resuming and going to Standby mode :D

I use PVR Scheduler and COMController.

With PVR scheduler, I have configured it to run a script when the PC resumes from Standby, and this script uses COMController to send the "power-on" command via the serial port. PVR Scheduler also launches MediaPortal.

Similarly, I have PVR Scheduler run a script just before the PC is put to Standby, which uses COMController to send the "power-off" command via the serial port. There is a 3rd option in PVR Scheduler that I use to keep the power-amps off when the PC is resumed for a scheduled event (like a TV recording or to grab the EPG data).

It all works like a charm..... :)

I guess you could do something similar using COMController, but tie it to the launching and exiting of MediaPortal...?

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I believe some plugins existed to execute a batch file at MP start and end. Maybe there exists a tird party RS232 communication tool with commandline possibilities?
    [edit]Too late ;)

Knocky

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for your help, especially for the links from Taipan! I'll check them out as soon as I'm back home in two days.

Greets,
    Knocky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom