Convert with one click TV recordings to mpg with VLC (1 Viewer)

leini_MP

Portal Member
June 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

baseline of the request is to enable other members of the family without Mediaportal to watch a tv report or film I recorded. Or if a friend asks for a copy of a recorded tv show ...

I just found out that it is very easy to convert Mediaportal TV recordings to another fileformat that can be easily played on e.g. a stand-alone dvd-player with USB port:

In VLC you only have to load the .ts file and save it in the format you need. The conversion works on the fly.

Now - wouldn't it be a good thing to have a Mediaportal Plug-in where you just select a recording and convert it?

From a quick look there is only one command line necessary to open VLC, convert a file and close it again.

For the time to time usage I can now do it by hand of course. But since it looks so easy it might be that a comfortable plug-in is done quite quick.

Thank you for your comments

leini_MP

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mpchc is a standalone player that can play .ts files without conversion. so that is also an option.[DOUBLEPOST=1375821169][/DOUBLEPOST]oh sorry i misread you are playing on an actual dvd player :) sorry.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or mceBuddy :) it is working here all day long and makes a fantastic job :) especially if you have such stupid ios devices in the house :p

leini_MP

Portal Member
    June 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

is there a Titan plug-in for mcebuddy available for not having to close Mediaportal for the conversion?

leini_MP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom