Converting From W7 MCE with MediaBrowser (1 Viewer)

Bobby Owens

October 22, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently u se W7 MCE with Mediabrowser and one of the great bits is that MediaBrowser can access the genres and cast details. This means I can have a movie in "Adventure", "Action" and "Sci-Fi" via the use of shortcuts but only have 1 copy of the movie. These are obtained from the internet using MetaBrowser and it puts the details in an XML file, I then have an application that processes the XML file and creates shortcuts to the source folders

Does Media Portal support the use of genres or is there a plugin available that does this. If it doesn't support the XML file, can it work with shortcuts to source folders:

e.g.
\\myserver\gernres\Action\Avatar\ points to \\myserver\movies_a\Avatar\
\\myserver\gernres\Sci-Fi\Avatar\ points to \\myserver\movies_a\Avatar\

Many thanks in advance

Bobby

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

i cant tell you if you can use the Movieinformation you already downloaded for your Moviez but everything else should be possible with "Moving Pictures" Plugin.
    Newest Version of Movingpictures , some Information about the Plugin LINK.

Bobby Owens

October 22, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent. Thanks for the prompt reply legnod. Much appreciated. Looks like a new piece of software to play with tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
    Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
    ************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom