Ongoing Cooling for a Pentium 630 (1 Viewer)

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
Hi,

I've bit the bullet and spent money I can ill afford for this MP larky! Looking forward to the bulk of the components arriving later this week.

My only concern is cooling. I don't want my investment to fry itself, so how do I cool a Pentium 630 3GHz chip with the minimum noise possible?

If it helps:

my board: http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=GBYOA03WEM

my processor:
http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=ITOA045GR

Is there a PSU/Cooling recommendation you can make for me?

Many thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Wow you spent THAT much on a htpc cpu? Not sure about where you are but those EE cpus are like 2-3X the cost of the equivalent speed P4 over here.

Even high end HSF would probably have trouble cooling that cpu quietly so thought about water cooling?

Program.X

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Ramsey, Isle of Man
    Lol. My problem is that I have been out of the idea of building my own PC for years now so I am re-learning! Therefore, while I did think it was expensive, I didn't know any better.

My other problem is that I trust Insight. Living on the Isle of Man makes things much more expensive and difficult in terms of reliably getting goods over here. So I'd rather pay a bit more with a company I trust.

Water cooling? I really don't want to go down that road! A long time ago I learned an important rule about Water and Electricity. I'm sure it works, I just ain't confident with that idea!

I don't mind buying a fan, but I guess it has to move enough air for the CPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/3-pin-pc-cooling-fan-speed-noise-reduction-cable-5-piece-set-35818 Variable fan speed controller $2.49 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/12w-variable-speed-controller-for-pc-cooling-fans-21320 Most of HTPC noise is related to...
    @etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P...
    INTRODUCTION The following is intended to provide a general introduction for those interested in building a silent HTPC.. The...
    Replies
    Views
    Actually it can. I have RocketRaid 2220 and all I had to do is enable different mode of operation (via web UI) - that allows more than 2TB on 32bit OS. Sorry, I don't remember all the details... Look into it - may be worth it :)
    Actually it can. I have RocketRaid 2220 and all I had to do is enable different mode of operation (via web UI) - that allows more...
    Here is my build/setup: HTPC - - D-Vine MCE303 Black - GigaByte GA-MA78GM-UD2H - AMD A64 X2 5000+ Black Edition - Zalman...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ben, have to admit clearly , yours inside looks more professional ! You suck off the hot air, don't you ? Interesting approach. Regards /Gerd
    Hi Ben, have to admit clearly , yours inside looks more professional ! You suck off the hot air, don't you ? Interesting...
    Hi all, finally I decided to present my decent, budgetary HTPC and like to share some of my experiences from my HTPC- hobby. Yes...
    Replies
    Views
    Okey, I have decided to buy an Omaura case. No problem for ordering the case and oled display somewhere near Belgium, except for the remote kitt. Can't find it anywhere in Europe.... Can someone help me, I want to buy via transfer and not via a credit card or something simular. I forgot to mention that you have a great build...
    Okey, I have decided to buy an Omaura case. No problem for ordering the case and oled display somewhere near Belgium, except for...
    My second build: Origen ae H6 € 199,00 MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780G) € 75,00 AMD A64 X2 AM2 2700BOX5200+ 1MB € 75,00 Syche Ninja...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks.. I'm trying to do the EXACT same thing.. I'm gona read through what you posted and try it all out.. Cheers HotlinerPVR:thx:
    Thanks.. I'm trying to do the EXACT same thing.. I'm gona read through what you posted and try it all out.. Cheers...
    I originally started my HTPC project 6 months ago. I wanted a single home entertainment "solution" that was truly converged. To...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom