porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

I have a 64Gb SSD coming tomorrow for my bedroom client. I have just got it working well and all plugins working properly.

I need to remove the current HDD, copy it, and then place this image on the new SSD. I have a USB SATA disk docking station, so this copying/imaging is something I can do from my laptop. The process I was going to follow is :-

1. Copy existing drive image to laptop.
    2. Copying drive image from laptop onto new SSD.

As I have never done this before, can anyone recommend any freeware to do this??

Thank you.

M.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I have a 64Gb SSD coming tomorrow for my bedroom client. I have just got it working well and all plugins working properly.

I need to remove the current HDD, copy it, and then place this image on the new SSD. I have a USB SATA disk docking station, so this copying/imaging is something I can do from my laptop. The process I was going to follow is :-

1. Copy existing drive image to laptop.
    2. Copying drive image from laptop onto new SSD.

As I have never done this before, can anyone recommend any freeware to do this??

Thank you.

M.

Hi porky996t!

Are you using Windows 7? Then you can try it's own program for doing system images. I have used it a couple of times and it works great, really simple and easy to use.

Regards,

Aitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom