Couple newbie questions (1 Viewer)

lucasbuck

Portal Member
July 1, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry if these are sad questions, but I couldn't really find an answer. I got an all in one touch screen for my kitchen to be able to get on the internet, but mainly to act as a music player. I was looking into Mediaportal but had a couple questions:
1 - Is is possible to set it up to launch straight into 'music' (since I wouldn't have need of the movie options and such). I thought it might be a little more clean looking of a setup that way.
2 - The all in one is 1366 x 768. Will that be an issue with the basic install? What about with skins such as StreamedMP? I really liked that one because the bigger buttons seemed like they would be great for a touch screen.

Thanks for any information!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. yes, mpstart or MP startit plugin
    2. Try it. Should be mostly ok as long as aspect ratio matches the skin. can use the screen and ui calibration tools

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Btw some skins are a lot better for touch screens, can do a forum search. If you are only looking at music playback and nothing else and you haven't used mediaportal before and require good touchscreen support then I don't recommend mediaportal.

lucasbuck

Portal Member
    July 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks again. I looked around for a decent music player that supports fanart but didn't have any luck. I would be happy for any suggestions.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    htbackdrops.com was the main source of background music fanart, the site has been down for ~1 month (maybe for good) so most music players can't automtically add new music fanart unless they have switched to an alternative site.

Last edited:

lucasbuck

Portal Member
    July 1, 2013
    Home Country
    I don't mind mind finding the fanart myself, I just wasn't able to find a music player that would work well on a touchscreen to add it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom