Couple of issues with new install (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: modified monochrome
Windows Version: xp pro sp3
CPU Type: intel
HDD: 4 WD 500 gb raid 5
Memory: 2 gig
Motherboard: intel dg33tl
Video Card: asus nvidia 9500 gt
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: asus xonar d2
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ice cube by raid max
Cooling: 120 mm fan
Power Supply: prudentway 550 watt
Remote: microsoft
TV: 1080p lcd
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

ok, I am having a couple of issues. It started because of 2 things. I had a case with the IMON stuff built in (never again will i get one of those) and had all kinds of issues with the imon driver, minidisplay plug in, and crashes. I solved all of those by disabling the minidisplay plugin, and uninstalling the imon drivers. So i figured since I was not using the imon stuff on my htpc, i would switch cases. swapped over all the "guts" to a new case and in the process blew out the on board sound on the dg33tl by hooking up the front panel connectors wrong (never work when tired and frustrated). So I went and got a new xonar sound card and put in it. Now since I had so many issues with the old case and had done a LOT of things to MP and the os trying to solve it, and since I like to keep my HTPC machines as clean as possible, I decided to start over, and re-install everything.

I keep all my MP stuff I use on a flash drive so that it is easy to get to, plus it keeps the HTPC clean from having to download files to it. Plus I had a really good working solution before, so I thought this would be easy. just use everything I used before and I would be good to go. WRONG!!!

backed up my "data" directory (movies, music, etc...), backed up my modified monochrome skin, re-installed the OS and all components, codecs and MP 1.0.1. Went through the MP configuration and set that back up. Basically it was a super clean version of what I had before I went through all this mess.

And the results.... Well, I can't play my movies I have ripped as .iso files. using VCD to map the .iso file. I have .iso as a video extension. It gives me "unable to play video_ts.ifo"

All kinds of drive issues with mounting a .iso. Now the install of virtual clone drive was a little screwy, so I am going to see if uninstalling and re-installing that fixes it.

the other issue I have is that I don't see any weather info from the rssticker plugin. I added that to the home and plugin screens. Before all this, it was working just fine. and I have made no changes to the .xml files since it was working. I did have to copy and paste what I had in the home .xml file into the plugin .xml file so it looked consistent. I want to add several of the games and have them all in the plugin folder. So I guess I made 1 change, but I don't see the weather. I see the news ticker, the cnn logo, and the faded background so it is easier to read. I also see the faded background where I want my weather stuff to be displayed, but no weather info.

log files attached as well as the my home and my plugin .xml files. thanks

Attachments

• myHome.xml
    30.6 KB
  • myHomePlugIns.xml
    30.6 KB

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Other info. If I TRY to play a .iso movie in MP, it fails. If I then exit MP, open my computer, the drive is mapped to the .iso. and if I right click that drive and select PLAY, the movie plays just fine in windows media player.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    188.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom