[confirm] Couple of problems (1 Viewer)

Sotamarsu

January 7, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
Sorry if this is wrong place, but I made following notes with MP 1.3.0 Beta. I am able to check MP and my settings only from Friday to Sunday.
I got only Mux A channels automatically from predefined Turku (714 MHz/8 MHz). Also I didn't received channels from another network operator DNA. I didn't check was Nousiainen in the list, but I got those channels with 205500 KHz/7 MHz, 198500 KHz/7 MHz and 177500 KHz/7 MHz.
  • Plugins don’t work with Titan, because of missing xml-file (RSS and SystemUpdate)
I wanted to test couple of plugins such as RSS and SystemUpdate, but I didn't get those to work in MP because when I opened those screens I got black wallpaper and error message that a XML file is missing in (as far as I remember) ProgramData\...\skin\Titan\???.xml
  • No indication how fast forward and rewind is going when watching recorded TV
When I was watching the TV recordings and skipping all the advertisements I didn't get any indication how fast it was skipping like x2/x4/x8/x16 or +5s/+10s/+30s and such. I couldn't tell did the IR receiver register my pressing.
  • More predefined shortcut keys?
I was wondering is it possible to get shortcut keys for example TV Guide, Recorded TV programs and power button menu?
  • Suspend is not working
I tried with every option and I didn't get suspend to work. I lowered suspend to 2 minutes in both MP and TV config and made it to be forced to suspend. All I got was "PSClientPlugin: PowerScheduler: System is now unattended: True" and "Main: Idle timer is blanking the screen after 300 seconds of inactivity" and it was still on. I got only MediaPortal.log this time, because I didn't remember to copy TV.log.
  • Suspend to MP power button menu [probably solved]
I see there is shut down, reboot and exit in power button menu, but is it possible to get suspend over there? At least if I cannot get the automated suspend to work.
  • Question about remote controls
I have TBS IR receiver, TBS remote and Logitech Harmony 300. I was able to get the TBS remote to work somewhat my liking and able to teach all those buttons to Harmony remote.

The problem is that sometimes the Harmony sends two same commands when only one is meant to be sent to IR receiver. I don't want that to happen and that's why I didn't throw TBS remote yet to it's box.

I am using TBS VHID Tool because I didn't figure it out how I should configure MP settings to get my Harmony remote to work with it. I wanted the remote to be as fluid as with my TV remote but without the extra hassle and extra remotes.

If you have a solution to my problem or another alternative I would be more than happy to try it. I don't know how well aMPdroid is working but it shouldn't be the only option to control the machine.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome! :)

A few answers...

Plugins don’t work with Titan, because of missing xml-file (RSS and SystemUpdate)
    I wanted to test couple of plugins such as RSS and SystemUpdate, but I didn't get those to work in MP because when I opened those screens I got black wallpaper and error message that a XML file is missing in (as far as I remember) ProgramData\...\skin\Titan\???.xml

Titan is a very new skin, so not all plugins are supported yet but the amount of compatible skinfiles for serveral plugins is growing and growing, so stay tuned.. When the developers of Titan have finished new files for Titan, you can upload them with the Titan update tool (in the configuration under plugins) or update the skin from inside Mediaportal. For un-official skinfiles, made by the comunity you can take a look at here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titan-unofficial-skins-collection.114994/

And btw, if you want a good RSS plugin you can also try InfoService. That plugin offers some more options than the default rss plugin and you can use it with Titan: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...feed-reader-twitter-reader-17-07-2012.109475/ (download the MPE1 package)

No indication how fast forward and rewind is going when watching recorded TV
    When I was watching the TV recordings and skipping all the advertisements I didn't get any indication how fast it was skipping like x2/x4/x8/x16 or +5s/+10s/+30s and such. I couldn't tell did the IR receiver register my pressing.

So you can't see the x2/x4 etc on you television but it does respond? In that case it's a bug.. I will see if it is also happend on my system..

More predefined shortcut keys?
    I was wondering is it possible to get shortcut keys for example TV Guide, Recorded TV programs and power button menu?

Yes this is possible. Personally I'm using the shortcutter plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/shortcuter-plugin-shortcuts-for-the-mp-sections.32747/ With this plugin you can add a shortcut (Like Ctrl + Shift + G) to open the tv guide or another Mediaportal window ID. (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Window_IDs) Than you can learn this shortcut to your remote. Is there software bundled with your remote where you can do this kind of things? There are other options aswell, but this is one option you could try..

Suspend to MP power button menu
    I see there is shut down, reboot and exit in power button menu, but is it possible to get suspend over there? At least if I cannot get the automated suspend to work.

The suspend options should be there out-of-the-box! Wich options do you get? If you open the power menu, and select the power button, you get a pop-up window with options.. Suspend should be one of them..

Last edited:

Sotamarsu

January 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok, so for the Titan skin I just need to wait for an update.

If I remember correctly I didn't see any indication in TV recording. Need to check that again at Friday.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that plugin.

I am 100 % sure there was only shut down, restart and close icons in the power menu. I'll take a screen of it at Friday.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am 100 % sure there was only shut down, restart and close icons in the power menu. I'll take a screen of it at Friday.

Thats right, but when use press the shutdown button in that menu you will see another menu where you can select suspend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom