Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Darpa317

December 30, 2012
Indianapolis
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a coverart plugin? Moovidia and Windows Media center automatically scanned for cover art. While the majority are showing with coverart. Not all of the videos are. Some just have a "blank" icon. I did a search in the manual/wiki for coverart, display or thumbnail and I came up empty.

I understand my cell phone/camcorder movies will just be displayed without specific coverart unless I figure out how to add it. This is not my current issue/question. Is there a plugin, addon or setting of sometype to obtain/select cover art to be displayed? I remember with other media center software I had this issue. Then someone told me about an option that would check online to obtain current/updated coverart. Is there such an option here?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    These are the 4 main ways of cataloging videos in MP (There are other plugins, eg. My Anime but I wont bother listing them)

1. In built My Videos
    2. My TV-Series plugin (only for tv series)
    3. Moving Pictures plugin (only for movies)
    4. My Films plugin (only for movies)

All of them can scrape cover art / backdrops etc. However I can't help you because you havn't mentioned which of the above you are using.

However I would recommend (for ease of use/setup and best results)
    use my tv series for all your tv episodes
    use moving pictures for all your movies
    use the built in my videos for home videos, other stuff.

To install my tvseries and moving pictures
    1. Start -> All Programs -> Team Mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> Mediaportal Extension Installer
      Then select my tvseries
    2. Download moving pictures from http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

Then select tvseries/moving pictures.
    Just as info. Moving Pictures is installed via .exe and can not be found in MP Extensions...

If you are starting with MP now and use (very recommended) the MediaPortal Version 1.3 Beta (instead of the older 1.2.3) I would recommend to use MyVideos for all excerpt TV Series... I'm still using Moving Pictures but I have build my Database over a long period now and earlier versions of MyVideos did not fulfil the needs of a serious movie collector. This has changed with V1.3. The new MyVideos is better than Moving Pictures in most cases, but I was too lazy to switch up to now...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh my bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1356862468][/DOUBLEPOST]What do you like about my videos over moving pictures? is it the actor stuff? Does my videos support trakt lists etc?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom