Cover grabbing question (1 Viewer)

styrsven

Portal Pro
January 6, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
In my collection I have some movies that have covers in TMDB but not IMDB. I would like to conditionally override the IMDB cover with TMDB in case there is no IMDB cover found. I have however not found a way to do this, Descriptions and titles and such fields can be overriden, but not the Cover URL, it seems. Has anyone any hints how to do this?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I think you CAN override it in User Options of the grabber script editor ("ImageURL"), but that is simply the URL to the source picture - it won't check, if the target is a valid image - which is probably what you're after. If you can work with those conditions, you should be avle to try it: If the URL for the primary grabber can't be retrieved, use a backup one - same as with any other field.
    You'd probably need to use a generic field to populate it with your backup URL.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Actually, that is my problem. I can get the URL to the generic field, but the Picture URL is not selectable as a destination.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    .. I just had a look, I think the naming is inkonsistant - it should be the "Picture" in the dropdown - 3rd entry.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Didn't work. "Picture" contains the path to the local grabbed picture. And i was getting the url for where to grab it.
    But nevermind. I tried to grab the missing covers with a TMDB script, an it only found 2 of the 6 missing covers, so I don't think its worth the trouble to fix it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Didn't work. "Picture" contains the path to the local grabbed picture. And i was getting the url for where to grab it.
    But nevermind. I tried to grab the missing covers with a TMDB script, an it only found 2 of the 6 missing covers, so I don't think its worth the trouble to fix it.
    ok, if you think that should be improved, drop a request on github issues. I had started a rework of the grabber environment some 1 1/2 year ago, don't know, if I will ever finish, but in case that would happen, those issues would be solved as well with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom