CPU and display requirements (1 Viewer)

sbring

Portal Member
September 7, 2005
Help!

I had hoped to be able to run MP with an old PC with an Athlon XP 1600+ CPU and a PowerColor ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card with 128 MB memory. However, I get 100% CPU usage with MP idling, and things go with the speed of an ant in tar.

Which component is most crucial if I try to upgrade? Should I look for configuration options?

Sven

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

your setup should work. I have a ATi 8500 and Athlon XP 1700+ running well with MP.

Please use the support forums and do not forget to fill out your system specs! :)

Flip.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you trying to run MP on the secondary display? This should not work. You can only run MP on the primary Display. There is plugin, though that temporarily switches Primary and secondary when MP starts and back again when MP ends. Leasing to almost the same result.

sbring

Portal Member
    September 7, 2005
    Are you trying to run MP on the secondary display? This should not work. You can only run MP on the primary Display. There is plugin, though that temporarily switches Primary and secondary when MP starts and back again when MP ends. Leasing to almost the same result.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean. What is primary and secondary display, and is it something I can select, and if yes, how?

Sven

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

anyone known onboard vga s3 igp graphic card can support mp

No. The S3 chip is not doing well with VMR9 and DX9. Bot technologies are used by MP. If those are not supported, erverything must be done through the CPU.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom