Crash on startup Win 7 x64 (1 Viewer)

Deonlr

September 24, 2013
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi, I'm brand new, just installed the program. I crash on startup, seems to be as soon as the Filters are loaded. I uninstalled all the addons, still no luck. Running Win 7 64 bit, there seem to be some problems with previous versions on 64bit, has this been resolved?

Thanks for reading.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Deonlr and welcome!

I'm sory to hear that you have some troubles to get things working, but to ba able to getting you in the right direction we need some more information. Are you running a singleseat installation? (TV server and client at the same machine)? Or are you running an installalation without TV-server. Can you also do a startup of Mediaportal in debug mode and upload the logs here? (start -> Team Mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> MediaPortal Debug-Mode) Than we can see what the problem is.

You said something about filters.. Is that the last thing you see when you're starting MP beforce the crash?

Best regards,
    Marcel

EDIT: Mediaportal should work fine on a 64 bit machine btw. I think most of us are running such an installation, so that should not be the problem I gues. :)

Deonlr

September 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi Marcel,
    Thank you for your reply and the friendly welcome.
    Yes I am running TV server and client on the same machine.
    I started in debug mode and it crashed at the same spot (as soon as the loader display "loading filters".
    I then get a.NET error, this is new. It is an unhandled exception "Could not find file C:\ProgramDate\TeamMediaPortal\Media Portal\MediaPortal.xml"
    The detail of the error as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml'.
    File name: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml'
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at WatchDog.MPWatchDog.CreateTemporaryConfiguration()
    at WatchDog.MPWatchDog.LaunchMediaPortalAction()
    at WatchDog.MPWatchDog.ProceedButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    WatchDog
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/WatchDog.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Utils
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

There is no Error Log written to my desktop.

I hope this helps, thanks a lot for having a look.
    Best regards,
    Deon

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Deonir

Looks probable your install didn't finish correctly.

Just re-run the install code, then check that the MediaPortal.xml has been created - as c:/ProgramData is a Windows 7 'hidden' directory, you'll need to enable access in Folder Options/View settings.

Assuming it's all in order, you can run the config - you really need to config MePo 1st, but typically, on a new install [I keep a dev box, so I wipe, install, tinker, break, wipe..... on a regular basis - not a problem on my main client box] I simply run the config up the close - no changes, just a sanity check it's installed.

You can then run the MePo itself for 1st time - you won't get much, as you need to config it with locations of your media files and configure the TV server etc, but it'll show the basics - then back to config and start the real work.

Good luck.

TTFN - JCMP.

PS - Win 7, X64, as Marcel say's - it's a common platform, my dev, lounge & TV server all Win 7 x64 machines.

Deonlr

September 24, 2013
    Home Country
    I re installed, showed installation complete and opened web site with help section. If I run MediaPortal Config or Media Portal it crashes at the same spot again, last message showing is "Adding Filters Section" every time.

I'm at a loss...

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah - now that is a complete pain and sadly, I'm at a loss for a simple explanation too.

So, does C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\Media Portal\MediaPortal.xml exist, and if so can you post content and dir tree of C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortalC:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal please.

If not, then I would suspect it's the account your using to set up MePo - you could try install, opening the installer as Administrator on your machine.

If file & tree exist, then perhaps someone here can work out what is the problem, and help you solve it - there are plenty of people on this forum with the skills, background & willingness to get you there.

TTFN - JCMP.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I re installed, showed installation complete and opened web site with help section. If I run MediaPortal Config or Media Portal it crashes at the same spot again, last message showing is "Adding Filters Section" every time.

I'm at a loss...

Can you try this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom