crashing automativ channel tuning. (1 Viewer)

HanuIv

Portal Member
May 21, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I installed MediaPortal some couple days ago, and everything works flawlesly. I found only one problem, when I was tuning TC channels in GIU. I selected everything (language, country, input type etc.), but then I clicked on manual tuning and Mp crashed, leaving following exception:

ExceptionType: System.InvalidCastException

Message: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'DirectShowLib.IAMTVAudio'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{83EC1C30-23D1-11D1-99E6-00A0C9560266}' failed due to the following error: NeznámĂ© rozhranĂ* (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
Source: DirectShowLib

Stack trace:
at DirectShowLib.IAMTVAudio.put_TVAudioMode(TVAudioMode lMode)
at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.SinkGraph.TuneChannel(TVChannel channel)
at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.SinkGraph.StartViewing(TVChannel channel)
at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.TVCaptureDevice.StartViewing(String channelName)
at WindowPlugins.GUISettings.Wizard.Analog.GUIWizardAnalogTune.ScanThread()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Tuning in setup works perfect (that is how I did it originally) and TV reception works perfect as well. I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and pateches up to current level, and stable MP (0.2.2).

Can someone help me?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tuning in setup works perfect (that is how I did it originally) and TV reception works perfect as well. I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and pateches up to current level, and stable MP (0.2.2).

I think most people use this way, as the GUI setup is very hit and miss in the TVCard\Tuning.

AFAIK This is a known problem, and has not been resolved to this day.

HanuIv

Portal Member
    May 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thank you for the information. I will count on it next time... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom