Creating folder.jpg within MP -> Movies -> IMDB lookup (2 Viewers)

ven00039

December 17, 2007
bug confirmend but not completly fixed , when using with xface the size of the cover art isnt corrected. its still smaller than others cover art

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
This bug is still present.

Is it possible for some dev to implement this to latest SVN's?? It is a small problem but a bit annoying. I have the exactly same problem as BoelShit has in the first message.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
This fix corrects the bad quality/stretching of small image problem but brings new one. Top bar is missing. It is still there but I can't see it. If I press the place it should be it still closes mediaportal / gives me a shutdown menu etc etc. Am I only one with this problem? Top bar works correctly before I replaced the original dll.. And if I replace the new one with original again, top bar is still missing.. It seems like something breaks..

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you replace the new dll file with the old file and the topbar is still missing it shouldnt be a problem caused by this fix...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is this bug still valid or has it been fixed?

Regards
    Roy

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Is this bug still valid or has it been fixed?

Regards
    Roy

AFAIK this bug is still present in latest SVN's altho I read somewhere that a person managed to get it working when the checkbox "Every folder is a movie" is checked. I can't confirm that though.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to comment on that patch:
    ConvertToLargeCoverArt does nothing more than changing the name respecting our thumb conventions.
    So basically your change is useless ;)

More critical are the missing brackets of the last "else" condition. The second command will always be execute this way. So in short you produced another behaviour by accident :D

Nevertheless - thank you for looking at it!

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to comment on that patch:
    ConvertToLargeCoverArt does nothing more than changing the name respecting our thumb conventions.
    So basically your change is useless ;)

More critical are the missing brackets of the last "else" condition. The second command will always be execute this way. So in short you produced another behaviour by accident :D

Nevertheless - thank you for looking at it!

LOL ok.... i was never good at it anyway :)

Just one question: Howcome with the changed code the Folder.jpg was in high quality instead of the low image quality it was before the change?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just one question: Howcome with the changed code the Folder.jpg was in high quality instead of the low image quality it was before the change?

Code:
                      if (forceFolderThumb)
                      {
                      }
                      else
                          File.Copy(largeCoverArtImage, strFolderImage, false); //edited by BoelShit
                          File.Copy(coverArtImage, strFolderImage, false); //edited by BoelShit

The last line is what I meant - this copy will happen regardless whether forceFolderThumb is true or not. So basically it's the same as using the dedicated folder option.
    Therefore if NOT using this option your patch would break thumb handling - the easiest case:
    1. serveral movies in one folder.
    2. download IMDB details e.g. for movie 4.
    3. with your patch there would be a folder.jpg for movie 4 in that folder of _mixed_ films

Don't worry though - MP is almost too powerful in regard of options and unfortunately many users prefer to "demand" even more options instead of organizing their files in some "preferred" way MP could suggest. I had to check the code as well to understand how it worked in detail ;)

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for clearing it up for me!!!

Learned something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom