Creating playlists on the fly based on artist, album, etc (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

the greatest car stereo known to mankind (the Empeg), which has a hard drive, has a remote which enables the user to pick another song (on the fly) by the same artist, album, genre, or year by just pressing a button. You guys should have it where if someone were to press "A" in music mode, it will automatically play another song by that same artist right after the current one playing. Same thing if they press "S" for source (which would be the album), then it would play another song from the same album as the current one playing. Same for genre and year. This is an amazingly useful feature that I have only seen on the Empeg car stereo. Thanks! You guys make an awesome product!!!

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I like the idea too. However most users are using a remote control so the number of keys we can use is very limited. Maybe we should add some buttons for it (either in my music or in the topbar)
    so what do you guys think, how should this be implemented

- just keycode shorcuts, therefore not available to users with a remote control
    - add 3 buttons in my music for it
    - add 3 buttons in the music OSD
    - add 3 buttons in the topbar

Frodo

A

Anonymous

This idea is good!

- add 3 buttons in my music for it
    - add 3 buttons in the music OSD

Either of these would work for me! Let's keep the topbar clean :)

A

Anonymous

What about using one of the number keys (on the keyboard and on the remote) for them? 1 = artist 2 = source/album 3 = genre 4 = year. Or are they being used by something else when playing music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom