Credentials for shares, not global (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    already reported in german forum. I've stored my mediafiles on two different servers with different credentials. So it is impossible to add both shares to MP2. Is it possible to add the feature "credentials for shares" to MP2. It would be great.
    Best regards
    Helios

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :( 7 month later and stating, that it is an important feature, which is already started... :censored:

Please feel free to help with coding ;)
    The dev team for MP2 is only a handful of people who do it in their spare time besides their families and jobs.

Cheers

Blue Max

Last edited:

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please feel free to help with coding ;)
    The dev team for MP2 is only a handful of people who do it in their spare time besides their families and jobs.

Cheers

Blue Max
    I'm aware of that and coding is not the issue. I see the problem in missing feedback and partly ignoring questions. The community is only active, if the Devs reply and share details. I do not mean writing long stories, but one sentence "Not yet done due to time constraints, but on the list" is enough. I asked, because I thought the feature might be from the list after 7 month.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see the problem in missing feedback and partly ignoring questions.
    When and where have we ignored your questions?

but one sentence "Not yet done due to time constraints, but on the list" is enough. I asked, because I thought the feature might be from the list after 7 month.
    Things that are important for you are not as important for others and vice versa. In other words, making one person happy will keep many others unhappy. If you've followed the development in the feature request section you may have noticed that many entries turned green.

coding is not the issue
    Yes, it is. We simply don't have enough ressources to get everything done. I won't repeat the usual arguments (open source, free time, etc.), but we are depending on people to support the project. Everybody is invited to contribute, be it coding or writing Wiki entries. Especially the latter is something that everybody can do, yet nobody does.

Lastly, what is the fundamental issue in creating the same single media user on all your shares as a work-around to allow access?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom