ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FH get cropped when the source images are not quadratic
    Another way is not to get a square from a rectangle without losing the proportions, the album cover should be square. All my albums have a built-in square cover.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this would be ideal but the real world is different. :)
    Many album covers on the web aren't hundred percent square. Also not all album cover prints (hard copy format) are not square, with different aspect ratio. But MediaPortal itself displays them fine, without cropping. It would be really nice if FH can do the same.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If MediaPortal had all thumbs then FH would be superflous for album art. :) But since in most cases MediaPortal doesn't have album thumbs FH is a useful add-on.
    If you're interested in improving the cover art quality of FH you have my full support on testing and feedback. Otherwise I'd give up this idea and use the mentioned skin adjustment to prefer the MediaPortal properties before FH for the file embedded (ID3) covers to show.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The mechanism of getting the previews is the same for all types of files, music, video, etc. By changing it we are likely to break all the previews. I don't want it much. For all local files you can preview them into files of the right size and proportions. For those downloaded from the Internet, if they are not correct, replace them manually. I would do this. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I understand your concern. We don't want to break any function!
    Can you please state where FH creates thumbs for previews? I'd like to test if previewing works with non-square thumbs.
    I already tested it successfully with music files.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Its one function for all thumbs

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom