Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I struggle with Git, it is damned annoying. This version adds new tables in to SQL for the series link and also the channel sorting so if they've updated the scripts for sql 5.6 then this might be where the errors are. I got it working by merging to 1.8 from 1.7.1.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I can't help feeling I'm nearly there.

After the merge, all the extra SQL to create the additional tables and fields was in the 1.8.0 solution. Are there any other telltale signs I can look for? Whereabouts are the TS Reader and Mediaportal series link updates?

I'll try another compile and install tonight. I'm OK with SQL so will have a look around and work out if those scripts are running or not.

Thanks for all the help - MP is such a big thing, with git thrown into the mix too I don't know whether I'm coming or going half the time.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    USER=79790]@Iceman89610[/USER]

I'll have a look at amending the plugin to allow it to grab FTA channels only, that should reduce the read/write IOPS right down. But I am still curious as to why it is doing what it is. When you get the logs can you also provide the setup information/hardware?

Hi @Benoire Logs attached. It froze again at 19:25 and it looks like it did an epg update. To be honest, I really don't think a quad core 3.3 with 4gb ram and 64gb ssd would freeze like that. I am running on the onboard graphics and I do wonder if it would benefit from a dedicated card but hopefully there is something here that will help you identify the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Attachments

• MP TV Server.zip
      3 MB
    • MediaPortal.zip
      505.2 KB

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I think I might have cracked it. It's currently off sorting channels on 1.8.0 so fingers crossed. There was a small conflict in SQL files which I've resolved. Also, possibly, some SQL syntax that MySQL5.6 doesn't like, which I've altered slightly.

I also had an additionall issue that confused me a while, but may only affect anyone installing 'clean' from 1.8.0 - ie not having any earlier versions installed. MySQL was rejecting the SQL to create the required columns in the Program table, on the basis, apparently, that I need to be using a later version of innodb_file_format. If this turns out to be the case it's an easy fix and I'll post it.

It's now updating EPG. If all that completes successfully I'll test MP itself to make sure the series link stuff has made its way in there.

Most promising it's been yet, and I suspect it'll be very straightforward for anyone who doesn't need to create those extra columns as part of the install, ie anyone who's been running an earlier version than 1.8.0 with the custom grabber plugin.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I'll have a look at amending the plugin to allow it to grab FTA channels only, that should reduce the read/write IOPS right down. But I am still curious as to why it is doing what it is. When you get the logs can you also provide the setup information/hardware?

Hi @Benoire Logs attached. It froze again at 19:25 and it looks like it did an epg update. To be honest, I really don't think a quad core 3.3 with 4gb ram and 64gb ssd would freeze like that. I am running on the onboard graphics and I do wonder if it would benefit from a dedicated card but hopefully there is something here that will help you identify the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
    Thanks Iceman, can you do me a favour and try using DJBlu's version posted on page 1? I would like to compare logs and your experience and see if it is something that I've screwed up. All the code was created from decompiled DLLs so I might have missed something.[DOUBLEPOST=1404761067][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think I might have cracked it. It's currently off sorting channels on 1.8.0 so fingers crossed. There was a small conflict in SQL files which I've resolved. Also, possibly, some SQL syntax that MySQL5.6 doesn't like, which I've altered slightly.

I also had an additionall issue that confused me a while, but may only affect anyone installing 'clean' from 1.8.0 - ie not having any earlier versions installed. MySQL was rejecting the SQL to create the required columns in the Program table, on the basis, apparently, that I need to be using a later version of innodb_file_format. If this turns out to be the case it's an easy fix and I'll post it.

It's now updating EPG. If all that completes successfully I'll test MP itself to make sure the series link stuff has made its way in there.

Most promising it's been yet, and I suspect it'll be very straightforward for anyone who doesn't need to create those extra columns as part of the install, ie anyone who's been running an earlier version than 1.8.0 with the custom grabber plugin.
    Ah yes I recall reading about the database issues in the team forums, that is likely to be the cause. Let me know the result, you should be able to copy in the right DLLs from the first page, and then try DJblus or 'my' code for the plugin.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Yep looking good. Ish. I've got around the SQL errors and it's installed fine. The channels and channel groups are visible in Mediaportal and the series link is there too.

The only thing is, the EPG import is INCREDIBLY slow. I wouldn't expect it to be that slow - it's running on a decent machine. It must have been running for at least half an hour or so now, and I'd turned throttling off.There are no errors in the log though.

Apart from that, I seem to have 1.8.0 working with the DJBlu plugin! I have the two exes, I'll upload them here when I'm a bit more confident re the EPG - if that's OK?

I was wondering if it's worth @Benoire asking a forum mod nicely to see if you can have some kind of edit rights in this forum - as a user of this thread I can say from personal experience that it's become very hard to find the most recent files, as they have to be dotted throughout the 300-odd pages. If Benoire, as perhaps a trusted user, could edit other peoples' threads in this forum, he could continue posting the most recent installers on the first post in this thread, help people find them quicker.

Just a suggestion...

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    OK then here's a first version if anyone's brave and fancies testing it. The file upload thing wouldn't let me upload exe's so I've zipped the TV server and mediaportal installers into the attached zip file.

Only use these files if you're upgrading over a previous version of MP. If you're installing afresh there's a full installer on page 302 of this thread.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Excellent Ears, thanks. Will install later and test. Need to send you a PM too about stuff... Will do that in a bit!

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Ha thanks - no hurry - I fear the contents may be quite daunting!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
    Thanks Iceman, can you do me a favour and try using DJBlu's version posted on page 1? I would like to compare logs and your experience and see if it is something that I've screwed up. All the code was created from decompiled DLLs so I might have missed something.

Which of @DJBlu's files would you like me to use, bearing in mind I'm on 1.7.1 (until we have a stable release for 1.8). Will it be as simple as drop the database, remove your plugin and replace with @DJBlu's. Dll wise, I'm using the ones on the first page already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom