Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (7 Viewers)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ding dong merrily on high, there's new files on page 1 to try.

Ok the before you rush off please read below.

There have been changes to the channel numbering system in 1.3.0 Beta so you will need to download the new Sky Plugin that has been updated. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use Sky Plugin v1.3.0.24 with 1.3.0 Alpha or lower as it will not work and will probably crash your system.

A notice.

v1.3.0 Beta GIT

It does NOT include the TBS code.
    It does NOT include the USALS code.

Will it in future? Probably, do not ask.

It's taken a while to update this and will take a while to update the other code.

Will this work with X,Y,Z? Probably not. This is a Custom build that is built for a specific purpose. Many files are modified and will no doubt affect any other custom builds.

If you have the know how then you can merge the code and build your own. If not then there is help out there that can get you started. Please do not ask in here as it fills the thread with unnecessary information.

Anything deemed off topic will be deleted.

Thanks and enjoy.

Thanks for your work DJBlu... hope you will also update the Sky IT plugin when you have time.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have just seen some recent activity on Mirolsav's Sky EPG and have found myself here.

I am a little confused - am I correct in thinking that there are two versions of Mediaportal being developed with Sky EPG support (i.e. DJBlu and Mirsolav's versions)?

If so, I would be really grateful for a summary of what the difference is between the two. Mirolsav's version works fine for me but I am a constant tinker and would consider having a play with this version to see what it offers.

Thanks

Alex

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country

Ok the before you rush off please read below.

There have been changes to the channel numbering system in 1.3.0 Beta so you will need to download the new Sky Plugin that has been updated. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use Sky Plugin v1.3.0.24 with 1.3.0 Alpha or lower as it will not work and will probably crash your system.

A notice.

v1.3.0 Beta GIT

It does NOT include the TBS code.
    It does NOT include the USALS code.

Will it in future? Probably, do not ask.

It's taken a while to update this and will take a while to update the other code.

Will this work with X,Y,Z? Probably not. This is a Custom build that is built for a specific purpose. Many files are modified and will no doubt affect any other custom builds.

If you have the know how then you can merge the code and build your own. If not then there is help out there that can get you started. Please do not ask in here as it fills the thread with unnecessary information.

Anything deemed off topic will be deleted.

Thanks and enjoy.

finally a reason to install the beta on my main machine, could not live without this great plugin, many many thanks for all your hard work and hope the wife is happy now (y)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hello,

I have just seen some recent activity on Mirolsav's Sky EPG and have found myself here.

I am a little confused - am I correct in thinking that there are two versions of Mediaportal being developed with Sky EPG support (i.e. DJBlu and Mirsolav's versions)?

If so, I would be really grateful for a summary of what the difference is between the two. Mirolsav's version works fine for me but I am a constant tinker and would consider having a play with this version to see what it offers.

Thanks

Alex

I found myself in the same position :) Miroslavs just enables the EPG to populate with Skys data - and does this very well.. I never had any issues whatsoever.

DJBlu's version also has several configuration options that do some of the following -
    Grabs EPG data same as Miroslavs
    Also is able to maintain your channel list automatically (adds new channels as they start broadcasting, deletes old ones when they turn off)
    Also maintains a catagory list and puts the channels in the right lists (lifestyle, movies, etc etc) - mimics skys layout on the sky box
    Also adds the channel numbers so to mimic the sky box (so like on the sky box you could type 101 to goto BBC1, this will make MePo the same)
    Also! downloads the channel icons (for the TV guide and MePo GUI) and automatically renames them to match the channels).

etc etc. Basically, it automates.. everything :) With Miroslav, you still had to organise your channels..

Sounds awesome, I'm just setting up as we speak on 1.3 Beta. Hope I have done this plugin justice with the description.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hello,

Thanks

Alex

They are similar, the difference I believe is this sorts the channels out and provides logos.

Custom data grabber will basically reproduce the epg as you would normally see on a sky box (grouping channels in to all, HD, movies, sports etc), sky channel numbers are used and channel tracking (updates channel details when sky move them around)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country

DJBlu, does this prevent Titan Extended being installed? I installed the GIT and it works. But if I install Titan Extended in the TV Guide I see missing label errors and no TV Guide data. I understand custom builds etc could be affected as per your comment, but is this plugin also tied to specific versions of skin files also?

If I add back the GIT over the installation, then it all works again?

Thanks

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I also have another issue (maybe its already known) - three actually :) - which I just came accross.
    1) Firstly, I don't think the channel logos file location is very intuitive (and isn't documented in the instructions of the second post). I know where the thumbs folder was but got the impression that this was explicity offered as a selection in the settings that they could go anywhere. Which it would appear they can't as I got no logos unless they are in 'Thumbs/TV/Logos'.

2) Which brings me to the main problem. So I went back to the plugin to change the install directory of the logos, and ran another grab. It all went ok. But in MePo I see my TV Guide now with random channels with several entries each and no channel data? They did appear random throughout several of the groups (2 screen shots attached).

I have also been back to the plugin and rerun the grab and it has not corrected the problem.

Incidently, whilst the channel logo feature is great! and I do not want to take away from what an achievement that is.. the quality of the logos is very poor. See screen shot 2 (Untitled2.png), the logos are jaggy and are inconsistantly sized. There are some very nice quality logos in the logo thread (see also Untitled2.png). I would be more than happy to correct the renaming of these to match your scheme and provide a packThe pack is located here maybe it could be an option in the plugin between transparencies and the glossys :)

3) Lastly, the TV Guide colouring is not working. I take it this is an affect of the plugin / missing the genre data?

Logs attached.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      846.2 KB
    • Untitled2.png
      Untitled2.png
      684.2 KB
    Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    i have titan extended installed and all my data in tv guide is fine on my client, will check my tv server client in a moment for you.
    epg colouring is working ok here as well.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks Atomic, did you install Titan Extended before the plugin GIT or after? I presume it should work with the after option otherwise every skin update is going to break something.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    mmmm before i think, just setup 2 machines at once lol so trying to remember as 1.3 beta i picked it to install titan extended which it never did on either install, also i had to go into mepo cofig plugins to use titan skin updater from there as it did not auto update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom