Custom Recorded TV Thumbnails? (1 Viewer)

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
From the wiki:

Leave a thumb in recording/video folder
Select this option to save the thumb (.jpg) to the recording folder you chose in Configuration > TV-Server > Recording or in Configuration>Videos>Video Folders

Note: If you chose this option, thumbs will not be deleted when you Clear TV/Videos cache, you must remove the existing ones manually, then new thumbs will regenerate based on the settings you select here.

The files will be named "program title.jpg" i.e. "Lie To Me.jpg" or like video filename"MyVideo.jpg" ie. "Die hard.jpg" for videos.

So I added my custom thumbnail for 2 shows. Caillou and Babar. Named Caillou.jpg and Babar.jpg inside my Recorded TV folder and also in User Files\thumbs\tv\recorded

But they don't show up when I enter my Recorded TV list inside MediaPortal. Is this even possible?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    This is definitely possible. If the recording is really named Caillou.ts then Caillou.jpg should work. Maybe you can doublecheck the recording name.
    Thanks!

Path where to place the .jpgs should be: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\Recorded

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The path is the same. I just go to Start> Programs> Team Mediaportal> Mediaportal> User Files.

I guess that means it's not possible. Mediaportal saves the files as:
    Babar - 30.2 Qubo - 2012-09-12.ts
    Show Name - Channel - Date.ts

Which means every recording will be named differently. I think there should be an option under Configuration> Thumbnails for Custom Thumbnails. With this option Mediaportal would only check the .ts file's "Show Name". Which means you would only need one file named "Show Name.jpg".

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    some skinds expect ~L.jpg as well so for
    Babar - 30.2 Qubo - 2012-09-12.ts

you should create
    Babar - 30.2 Qubo - 2012-09-12.jpg & Babar - 30.2 Qubo - 2012-09-12L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread