[solved] Customising Fanart Handler settings (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good evening everyone,

I have two quick questions.

1: Can I customise the minimum resolution setting for fanart, perhaps by changing the setting <entry name="MinResolution">500x500</entry> in FanartHandler.xml
    Reason: I don't want album covers appearing in my music Fanart but 960x540 is too hi def and prevents much of my video fanart from being shown. If I could change the minimum resolution to 501x501 that would stop the album covers appearing and save me the job of manually rescaling hundreds of Fanarts to 1280x720 using Paint.Net

2: If the answer to the above is 'yes' then how does FanartHandler logic filter out images that are too small -
    For example on an image that is 1000x600 is it -
    a) If (x width<1000) or (y height<600) then ignore image
    or
    b) if ( (x width multiplied by y height) <600,000) then ignore image

Many thanks.
    I am hoping this could save me a LOT of work
    (y)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If (x width<1000) or (y height<600)
    If Image Width > Min Width in Setting and Image Height > Min Height in Setting then Ok!
    If <entry name="MinResolution">500x500</entry>
    Then
    If Image Width > 500 and Image Height > 500 then Ok! :)

Can I customise the minimum resolution setting for fanart, perhaps by changing the setting <entry name="MinResolution">500x500</entry> in FanartHandler.xml
    Yes but this setting for all pictures ... fanart, cover, thumb, etc ...

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes but this setting for all pictures ... fanart, cover, thumb, etc ...

Yes, thank you that is exactly the problem - if I had the minimum resolution at 500x500 it would display the album covers in the music fanart, which I wanted to stop happening without stopping the smaller video fanarts and there is a too large gap between 500x500 and 960x540 because when I set minimum resolution to 960x540 much of my video fanart would not appear.

I have edited the xml manually to :
    <entry name="MinResolution">502x300</entry>
    and it is working perfectly.

For information only (it isn't a problem) :

By doing this, when I go into Media Portal configuration > Plugins > FanartHandler, the minimum resolution now shows a blank box. It doesn't stop it working.

Can I make a recommendation for the next update of FanartHandler - include the extra resolution option of 502x300 in the dropdown menu in the configuration because it allows fanart as small as 502x300 to be shown in Videos but stops album covers being used for fanart in Music : Some of us use screen grabs for fanart for older recordings if fanart cannot be found elsewhere;

and this results in the following dimensions:
    768 x 576 (PAL)
    768 x 480 (NTSC)

Some users might not be confident in manually editing the FanartHandler.xml like I have done.

Many thanks again for all your help
    RH

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FH Configurator show only default values, for show 502x300 need add 502x300 to Configurator GUI... :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom