Customizing Database and Thumbnail folders (1 Viewer)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
I think it would be a good idea if we could customize where the "DATABASE" and "THUMBS" folder reside. Currently they are locked to the Root of the mediaportal directory.

I am currently using a ramdisk and accessing the database and thumbnails from the ramdisk is much much faster and better.

superted125

Portal Member
September 16, 2009
Home Country
If you're using windows google mklink.. You can make hard coded shortcuts. Often used too move big files off SSDs without affecting programs

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

After I performed the usual "Change channel" for the 5 recordings with changed channel names mentioned above, all of the recordings were mapped to the appropriate channel logos. I'm afraid there is little hope for my DVB-C provider. Not only are series and episode tags missing, even the naming is inconsistent. The "COMMENT" tag...
After I performed the usual "Change channel" for the 5 recordings with changed channel names mentioned above, all of the recordings...
To resolve a problem with TV recording, I deleted all channels and rescanned them. As a result, all of my recorded TV thumbnails...
Replies
Views
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
I'm wanting to temporarily open ports to enable MP Client to work remotely via the internet. I have my router forwarding TCP ports 31456, 554, and 3306 and firewall set to public for TV Server and MySQL. Also tried disabling the firewall. MP Config says it can connect on port 31456 but can't access the database on 3306. I think...
I'm wanting to temporarily open ports to enable MP Client to work remotely via the internet. I have my router forwarding TCP ports...
I'm wanting to temporarily open ports to enable MP Client to work remotely via the internet. I have my router forwarding TCP ports...
Replies
Views
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
It's very strange, but you can see that it happens. The logic of NSIS is a complete mystery. :)
We have just released MediaPortal 1.28 Summer Breeze Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom