Cyberdisplay or Externaldisplay?? (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have an Antec Fusion Media Center case which have a vfd installed into it. Has anyone been able to MP configured correctly with either externaldisplay or the cyberdisplay plugin so it shows all the relevant information, ie current tv show being displayed, dvd title & run time etc??

Any help you can give would be appreciated (or at least point me in the right direction).

Thanks

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, I got it working perfectly. I use cyberdisplay plugin + iMon 7.020.0502.
What I see is: DVD current time / total time, filenames, menu's, etc. I can even scroll through and use MP perfectly without turning on the TV.... Just on IMON dispay only. :D

See this thread (post #5)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...uite-antec-v2-imon-reciever-mce-remote-42873/

Personally I dont use the IMON receiver, just the display. (I find the receiver too slow) I use the MCE remote + receiver. I deleted all the remote actions in IMON so that MediaPortal uses the MCE receiver comands only (and not also the commands from IMON)

As for all the programs you need to configure in IMON, this obviously depends on what software you use with mediaportal.

Good luck

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Ok, i've tried that and the vfd is not compatible with the imon software :mad: so I'm no further forward. The antec software only seems to be compatible with MCE (which I used before but hated) and I so want to get this working with MP as this would complete the system.

Any more ideas??

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What is the exact name of the case you use.?

My hardware is Antec Fusion V2 Silver. (other name for it is Antec Fusion 430.) It has a VFD display. It works perfectly with the IMON software + Cyberplugin.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Ok, sorted it at 2am this morning. I managed to track down updated antec drivers to those on the cd and all of a suddent it started to work. Thanks everyone.

Roll on RC3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom