Danish title on Danish movies (and how to solve import conflict via IMDb tt-ID) (1 Viewer)

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I cannot get this to work properly.
I want all english titles, except for Danish movies which should use the original danish title, but it keeps on forcing eng titles!

<set name="global_options_foreign_first" value="true" /> <!-- Original (English) | English (Original) -->

<set name="global_options_country_filter" value="us|ca|gb|ie|au|nz|dk" />
<set name="global_options_language_filter" value="en|dk" />

Should'n this be working? Taking the original title if in Danish, or else English ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

I cannot get this to work properly.
    I want all english titles, except for Danish movies which should use the original danish title, but it keeps on forcing eng titles!

<set name="global_options_foreign_first" value="true" /> <!-- Original (English) | English (Original) -->

<set name="global_options_language_filter" value="en|dk" />

Should'n this be working? Taking the original title if in Danish, or else English ?

You have the country right, but the official ISO code for Danish language is 'da', so use:

<set name="global_options_language_filter" value="en|da" />

and you should be good to go. Any movie with Danish language will then show the Danish title if one exists, because some simply have an English title to begin with. You can find an overview at:

http://www.imdb.com/language/da

And "In a Better World (2010)" is the best example in that list, because it has an original Danish title of "Hævnen", which is what will then show for you as "Hævnen (In a Better World)" due to the Original language first setting.

I also like to take this oppertunity to thank the developers of the Black Glass skin to add support for the IMDb+ plugin.

Black Glass Blog: ImDb+ Scraper support

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Thanks, now it is working! :)

New issue.
    Some files are grouped together, which is not good.
    In example the two files "Mission Impossible II (2000).iso" and "Mission Impossible III (2006).iso", are found are tried named as one file in the Moving Pictures importer. I am not sure this is a fault of the IMDB+ ?

It shows up like this in the Movie Importer Tab on the GUI. Note the two different files are on the same line!

File(s)
    Mission Impossible II (2000).iso, Mission Impossible III (2006).iso

Possible Matches
    Home Movies (1999)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

New issue.
    Some files are grouped together, which is not good.
    In example the two files "Mission Impossible II (2000).iso" and "Mission Impossible III (2006).iso", are found are tried named as one file in the Moving Pictures importer. I am not sure this is a fault of the IMDB+ ?

It shows up like this in the Movie Importer Tab on the GUI. Note the two different files are on the same line!

The Mission Impossible movies are named correct for a proper match. The only way it would be better is if you add the IMDb tt-ID to them, for example "Mission Impossible II (2000) [tt0120755].iso" as that will guarantee a 100% correct match and it goes faster too (it skips the search for title and goes straight for the movie based on that ID).

However MovPic has a few additional settings that might be at play here, for example the one that comes to mind is the checkbox option to always group movies in the same folder. Perhaps you have that enabled and both ISOs are in same folder?

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

The IMDB naming solved it. But it is funny it is grouping them, because "Mission Impossible (1996).iso is not grouped like that, this is recognized correctly.
    There is no grouping enabled.

Oh well, this workaround naming is working, so it is ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom