Dashboard plugin for MediaPortal v0.1.0 (experimental version) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a new MediaPortal plugin to display HTPC related informations at your fingertips!

Highlights:

• ability to show informations inside a overlay dialog
  • configurable activation keys
  • option to automatically close the dialog after a defined time

Installation:

• download and start the installer file "Dashboard.mpe1"
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "Dashboard.zip" and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually

Important Information for Users:

• This plugin offers only a framework to open a overlay dialog.
  • Each informations, which you want display inside, must be supported by a skin or requires skinning knowledge and configurations by yourself.
  • A list of MediaPortal related properties and plugins can be found in the next post.

Version History:

• 2010-03-04: v0.1.0 - initial release (experimental version)

For detailed installation instructions and more informations about this plugin, please see the documentation "Dashboard for MediaPortal.pdf".

This experimental version is not under active development anymore.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Attachments

• Main Screen.jpg
    Main Screen.jpg
    83.6 KB
  • Option Screen.jpg
    Option Screen.jpg
    28.9 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal property overview

Dear community,
inside the installer file of Dashboard you can find a example, how to customize the informations. This example use global properties from MediaPortal itself, HTPCInfo, SleepControl, VolumeControl, InfoService and Stocks & Indices plugin.

To get an overview about supported global properties, please take a look into the following list:
  • MediaPortal - see here
  • InfoService - see here
  • Moving Picture - see here
  • Online Videos - see here
  • ShowTimes - see here
  • my plugin collection (HTPCInfo, SleepControl, VolumeControl, ScreenControl, Stocks&Indices, MediaTip ...) - see appropriate plugin manuals (Chapter "Properties")

I want to extend this list in the next time step by step. If you want support me here, please post a message in this thread.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cool!! i hope some dev will make a popup with the latest news from RSS, system specs, email alert popup. Gee a million things i can think of what can popup while you watching a movie :)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had installed this plugin but it dosn't work correctly.
For Example there are no wetherinformation. It is shown '#infoservice.weather.location, #infoservice.weather.today.temp, #infoservice.weather.today.condition'. These were proberties from Mediaportal and should be display. SHould i update the DashboardOverlay.xml. But how??

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Do you have Infoservice plugin installed? Because they are not properties of MP but of the plugin infoservice.
If yes does infoservice work correctly?

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the Info.
I thought that the Infos about Weather feature from MediaPortal. It is a great pity that Dashboard needs many other Plugin to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom