Database files as XML (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

A feature i would love, is that any database files are in XML like the main configuration file. That will make it more easy to manually make new Radio stations, tv stations e.g. without using the main configuration tool. The great about this will be better remote adminstration. You can control the Radio and tv just with a netshare and then restart the box.. instread of finding your old keyboard and mouse and plug it to the box. I know there is posibles with Remote Desktop and such. But this is in my mind more easy.

Maybe someone else wanted this..

Best Regards
Thomas Nissen

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alot of the configuration features will be in the MP GUI in time so in the future adding channels / stations etc can be done by your remote control without requiring reboots or editing files manually.

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

fiskerendk, I agree with your suggestion. Especially for first installation. Even it would make things easier to share configurationfiles for TV and Radio in a city or region with others.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Instead making database files as XML, a utility to export and import data as a xml file could be better. That way we can distribute data.

XML is not a efficient way of store data that is queried on runtime.

CoolHammer

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    CoolHammer said:
    XML is not a efficient way of store data that is queried on runtime.
    Exactly! A standard XML format should be done for importing/exporting data, but please let's not spoil the performance of a SQL engine!!

Besides that the XML-format is a great idea!

Regards,

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom