DB not seeing tag changes (1 Viewer)

punking

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I found a couple of albums that were incorrectly tagged. One had the artist was tagged as "Bush, Kate" instead of "Kate Bush". I changed with mp3tag. I rescanned the DB, and I reorganized the DB from within MP. Yet the album still appears as "Bush, Kate" in Mymusic. The other albums have also not changed in the database.

I've unchecked 'changes since xx.xx', and I've gone through the above a few times and still there's no changes. I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

The albums are flac files. Each album is in its own folder inside an artist folder. The music directory is on the same drive as Mediaportal. Thanks

On another point what is the easiest way to change the album cover thumbnails and to download new ones?

MediaPortal Version: 1.2RC
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

punking

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
New York
Home Country
Hi

I did a scan of the album folder with the configuration tool and then used the debug to output all logs. Thanks for taking a look at them.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't understand why but it seems to be moaning about a space in your tag.

You have the album as
    Code:
    Blind Dog At St.Dunstan's
    with a trailing space

Can you try and remove this space and see what happens? (I really don't see any reason why it should complain about this though)

punking

Portal Member
    June 21, 2010
    New York
    Home Country
    I figured it out, and as usual it was a tagging problem, not a Mediaportal problem.

The tagging software I was using was missing the second disc of a number of albums. So for example when I changed "Bush, Kate" to "kate Bush" it wasn't changing it in the second disc in the Album Artist field. Fixed it and it works fine now.

I also removed the trailing space and checked the log and there are no more errors. Thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom