Default exiting from plugins right back to Main Menu??? (1 Viewer)

Maddcow

Portal Member
October 13, 2006
Home Country
Hi. I'm experiencing something a bit frustrating and am not sure if this is normal MP behaviour or not. If I'm in the Plugins menu and select a particular plugin then use the topbar (or Exit key on my keyboard) to close that plugin then I get dumped all the way back to the Main Menu, instead of to the Plugins menu which is where I would have expected to be returned to once I've exited a plugin.

Is it normal behaviour for MP to always return users back to the Main Menu which is actually 2 steps back (if you've been using a plugin) in the menu system, rather than a single step back to the Plugins menu which is standard menu behaviour? I mean, if you've used the Plugins menu to launch a plugin and then close that plugin, you should end up back in the Plugins menu and not the Main Menu.

I hope this makes sense......can someone clarify if this is correct MP behaviour or if this can be customized?

Cheers
Gary

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yeah, this really annoys me too.
    It wasn't always this way. In the past if you were in a plugin and pressed the green button on the MCE remote it would take you back to the plugins menu and if you pressed the green button again then it would take you back to the main menu. to me, this seemed totally the way it should be, but someone submitted it as a bug and now when you press the green button it takes you all the way back to the main menu straight away. As a bad by-product, the back button works this way too.

It really annoys me, but I always just thought it was me so never said anything.
    (I learned my lesson when some bright spark submitted the timeshift buffer as a bug and had that feature removed)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah, and it annoys the hell out of me too.....:mad:

It makes sense to me that the "green button" should always take you back to the home page/screen, but my logic says that the back button should just take you back one step - back to where you just came from!

Surely the green button and the back button don't have to be the same?

Maddcow

Portal Member
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    The old menu system had a "bug"? It's standard menu behaviour!!!! :eek: That's crazy... And it seems to me that there's absolutely no reason why you can't have 2 different functions for those "buttons". As Taipan said, one is "home" and the other is "back"........makes complete sense to me

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I'm experiencing something a bit frustrating and am not sure if this is normal MP behaviour or not. If I'm in the Plugins menu and select a particular plugin then use the topbar (or Exit key on my keyboard) to close that plugin then I get dumped all the way back to the Main Menu, instead of to the Plugins menu which is where I would have expected to be returned to once I've exited a plugin.

Cheers
    Gary

There was a problem in Plugin-Menu and has been fixed some days ago.
    It's now in SVN and will be in the next MediaPortal Release.

The Green Button on MCE remote will always bring you to Home-Menu, that's what it's for.;)

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom