Delete some pages from wiki please (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Please delete the NZ - XMLTVNZ wiki page

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Localization/4_By_Country/New_Zealand/XMLTVNZ

Reason: It is out of date and no longer works, I have created a different wiki page with another method for getting EPG data.

Please delete the NZ - Weather Images wiki page

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ation/4_By_Country/New_Zealand/Weather_Images

Reason: It is out of date, none of these image links have worked in over a year. I have created another page called weather that has information for setting up weather plugin.

OR - If you want to kill 2 birds with one stone, explain how I can delete a page from the wiki :D

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OR - If you want to kill 2 birds with one stone, explain how I can delete a page from the wiki :D
    By the "edit page" link there is "new page" then "print page" then "more". If you click "more", there is a menu; fourth item is "delete page".
    I'm not sure if you're able to do that, but I've removed the two pages that you mentioned.

Sincerely, ***thank you***!!! (y)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I gave you permissions to delete pages kiwijunglist - great you are contributing so much - thanks!

However, the problem with deleting pages is that there may be links to those pages that will no longer work. So in general it is better to update (even the whole page), or mark it as out dated - so it gets added to our To Do/Task list for updating, than to delete a page.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    LOL Renaming a page in Wiki generates auto-redirects - so you could have just renamed those pages and copied your new content to them.
    I will manually add redirects from the old links to your new pages, so just to check:
    Right?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't know there were any links to those pages, atleast in the wiki, as the main page seems to have a dynamically generated list of the sub pages.

Initially I didn't want to edit an existing page just in case I stuffed up, but now I am competent enough to edit other peoples pages without fear.

I will manually add redirects from the old links to your new pages, so just to check:

That looks fine :D

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok I added the redirects. You never know where there may be links - from Forum, other wiki pages, even Google searches ;) We are lucky to have such a good web admin - and high has 'taught' me to try and always redirect pages as much as possible to avoid unforeseen issues. :p

Good to hear you feel competent now :D Just give me a shout if you need any help or can't find something in the Contributing to Wiki reference guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom