[confirm] Deleted scheduled recording from a recording-series isn't respected (1 Viewer)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the attached logs I manually deleted the recording of the show "Tracks" on channel "arte" a few hours before.
    It is a recording series set to record "weekly always on saturdays".
    It correctly didn't show in the scheduled recordings list anymore.
    Nevertheless it did start the recording as if I never had deleted it.
    This isn't the first time this happens, but it happens always when I manually delete a schedule from a recording series.

Can anybody please confirm

Kind regards

Roger

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you say delete a schedule and delete a recording, can you clarify. I think you are talking about hitting 'okay' on a schedule in the 'scheduled' screen and selecting 'cancel this programme'.

Is this correct? If so, I do this all the time and it cancels the schedule correctly for me. However, some series do still record after a while and the only solution is a clean install. We do have a bug in jira related to this.

Need detailed steps to reproduce, as it isn't easy to reproduce.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you say delete a schedule and delete a recording, can you clarify. I think you are talking about hitting 'okay' on a schedule in the 'scheduled' screen and selecting 'cancel this programme'.
    Is this correct?
    Yes. Exactly. Sorry for ambiguity.
    If so, I do this all the time and it cancels the schedule correctly for me. However, some series do still record after a while and the only solution is a clean install.
    Well, the schedule is cancelled correctly in the "scheduled recordings" screen, but nevertheless it does record the show although the schedule was cancelled.
    As I said this happens only (but always) when I cancel a schedule of a recording series, which is in my case of the kind "weekly always on day X".
    At first I thought that this could happen after the EPG is regularly refreshed and MP perhaps also refreshes or recalculates the times of the recordings series and "forgets" about cancelled recording schedules of a recording series.
    But in this case there definitely was no EPG refresh between the cancelling of the recording schedule and the unwanted recording.

We do have a bug in jira related to this.

Could you give me the link. Then I can see if this identical to my problem.

Need detailed steps to reproduce, as it isn't easy to reproduce.
    • Create a recording series of the kind "weekly always on day X"
    • Cancel the next scheduled recordings of this recording series
    • Wait and see that the cancelled recording schedule nevertheless is recorded
    I hope I could clarify a bit where my problem is

Kind regards

Roger

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Tested here, and it cancelled the schedule correctly.

My feeling is that when there are a lot of cancelled schedules in the database, it all gets a bit confused. I think if we can purge them once the date has gone, this might help.

I guess we need to check the database periodically and clean out old schedules that are cancelled.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From the jira issue:
    When individual episodes of a schedule are deleted an entry is added to the canceledschedule table. Currently these entries are never cleared down.
    These entries are only required so the service knows the episode has been cancelled and does not record it therefore any records in the past are not needed and should be deleted.

Well I think that's a different issue.
    My problem is that the TV-server does not recognize the cancelling of an episode in the future (like the next upcoming episode), although the future episode is deleted from the scheduled recordings list.
    So it looks like that there is a correct entry generated in the canceledschedule table but nevertheless the TV-server does record the canceled episode.
    So cleaning up the canceledschedule table of past/old schedules has nothing to do with not respecting future canceled episodes.

Kind regards

Roger

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    From the jira issue:
    When individual episodes of a schedule are deleted an entry is added to the canceledschedule table. Currently these entries are never cleared down.
    These entries are only required so the service knows the episode has been cancelled and does not record it therefore any records in the past are not needed and should be deleted.

Well I think that's a different issue.
    My problem is that the TV-server does not recognize the cancelling of an episode in the future (like the next upcoming episode), although the future episode is deleted from the scheduled recordings list.
    So it looks like that there is a correct entry generated in the canceledschedule table but nevertheless the TV-server does record the canceled episode.
    So cleaning up the canceledschedule table of past/old schedules has nothing to do with not respecting future canceled episodes.

Kind regards

Roger

How long is it since you did a clean install of your TV server/database?

My guess is it has been a while, and if you reinstalled the problem would go away for a few weeks. That is why I think it is related to the above issue.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did a clean install of the TV-server from the version when MP no longer officially supported WinXP (was it 1.6 ?) and then made a fresh install of Win7 and MP.
    But I kept/imported my database (MS-SQL server 2008).
    So the database of the TV-server is quite old (from a pre MP1.0 version) if you mean that.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    If it isn't a massive hassle you could always try dropping your TV database and it will create a new one. Then see if you still have the problem.

At least if we can narrow this down to an issue with the database, we can look into ways we can fix it.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ooh,well...
    I do have about 100 unwatched recordings, where I don't wanna lose the information stored in background (EPG-info).

Could I export and (after creating a new database) reimport all settings except the schedules with the "Backup settings"-plugin or is this counterproductive to creating a new TV-server database to narrow down the issue?

Inside the folder C:\\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50_SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA there is the "MpTvDb.mdf" stored which should be the Mediaportal TV-Server database.
    Can I as an alternative to deleting it simply rename it and later restore it to it's old name?

In the same folder there are also database-files "master.mdf", "model.mdf", "MSDBData.mdf" and "tempdb.mdf"
    Do they also belong to the TV-server database and have they any meaning for MP or can I delete them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom