[confirm] Deleting Thumbs folder (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think during an upgrade it moves the thumbs folder to a backup and then moves it back. However, I could be wrong.

The bottom line is that the installer expects to find thumbs in a folder called thumbs in the MediaPortal data directory. If you change your setup, you can't be surprised that it gets confused and does something different.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think during an upgrade it moves the thumbs folder to a backup and then moves it back. However, I could be wrong.

The bottom line is that the installer expects to find thumbs in a folder called thumbs in the MediaPortal data directory. If you change your setup, you can't be surprised that it gets confused and does something different.

No that's fair enough if there's a good reason why it has to move the thumbs folder to a backup and then back again. However, if this isn't strictly necessary and can be changed, it would avoid causing problems for people like me who use Symlinks, so that's why I reported it, so that it can be considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom