Demand 5 uk site has changed. Can anyone help? (1 Viewer)

Andy Ford

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi and thank you for this great plugin. It works in such an elegant way to present online videos from uk channels.
In the last week there has been a change on the Demand 5 site. It is not a bug with the plugin, but I would really appreciate some help as my girlfriend loves her Australian soaps! The other sites I use (BBC,ITV and 4OD) are all still working perfectly. When I open Demand 5 in Online Videos, it displays all programmes available, but when I choose a programme to play it displays message "unable to play video.no url". If I use browser to open Demand 5 it plays programmes in flash player. I'm happy to try and figure this out (limited coding skills), but would really appreciate some guidance in where to start.

Regards

Andy

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try and take a look at it.
    If you want to have a go yourself you'll need to checkout the OV source code from here, the demand5 code can be found under "SiteUtilProjects\OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard\Demand5Util"

Andy Ford

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Great and thank you for your reply. I will look at code, but fear it will be beyond my skills.
    Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Andy Ford

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Brownard

I've had look at code but am afraid it's way beyond my skill level. If you do get time in the future to look into the possibility of getting Demand 5 working again, that would be greatly appreciated,and when time permits I will look deeper in to how the Online Videos/Demand5 playback mechanism works so I have better understanding. In the meantime I'll just record programmes (didn't want to fill hdd with Neighbours!) and have used MultiShortcut plugin for access to Demand5 via browser for older episodes.

Thanks again for your help

Andy

Andy Ford

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Wow..that was fast. Thank you SO much Brownard,it's working perfectly again. I hope I will be able to help you in some way in the future:)
    As soon as I get time I will do more research into how you set up the sites in online videos.

Cheers

Andy

browuk

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Is there a problem with this again as I am getting error with url
    please can you let me know if its just me or not, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom