Dependency Injection & Testing Plugins (1 Viewer)

ChubbyArse

Portal Member
December 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is any implementation of Dependency Injection currently in MP1. We use Unity and it is fabulous for testing code components in isolation. I've written my plugin to pass dependencies into code classes, and would like to embrace any injection framework. I've looked through the code base, but having only used Unity I'm not sure what to look for.

Another question, has anybody successfully setup a test harness that you can test plugins in, without launching MP1? I'm sadly developing on an Acer Revo 3610, and the turnaround time from testing, fixing and relanuching is soul destroying at times!

Thanks

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are using VS why not set it to start MediaPortal.exe after the first start it takes a few seconds. If I've got your question wrong, forget I posted.

ChubbyArse

Portal Member
    December 28, 2011
    Thanks for the response, however that is my problem, due to only having 3gb of available memory AND running VS2013 on an Atom based computer, the time to start MediaPortal.exe is crippling, that's why I wondered if there was a test harness that you could use to immediately test presentation logic.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh in that case I don't know sorry, it takes about 10 secs max for mine so never looked at other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom