design and other stuff (1 Viewer)

MP_Newbie

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi there...

switching to MP (finaly) from some other htpc-solution, i was playing around with ampdroid the last few days, for this is one of my "essentials" i need to have in the future...

first: after all, the app is great. a bit tricky to have it installed for the first time (manual? wtf is a manual? :D), it offers many useful functions and - until now - it works great....

but there is no light, where there is no darkness ;)

and here we are right at the point: PLEASE provide some kind of "dark skin" for your app ASAP. i want to use this app on my tablet, and when i switch it on while watching some film or TV, i'm absolutely blinded. the white design is simply much too bright. a (switchable?) white on black (or better light grey on black) design would be more than helpful.

second, the "home" button in the remote-section does not work here. shouldn't you get to the main-menu when touching it? - i only get to the top of the module (e.g. music) i'm using....

also some information about the actual time in the timeline, when watching films or listen to music, would be helpful (something like e.g. in the android youtube-app, where you can see the actual position AND the length of the file - "15:34 / 1:39:21" would be great)

and at least i have some feature request: i'm shure, i'm not the only one, who would like to send commands to girder, IRtrans or any other 3rd application (in my case irtrans, to switch on and off my amp and my beamer remotely, and girder, to use a few relais i switch some lights with...), so a few "customizable" buttons might be a good idea.
maybe there is a chance, to have one "customizable" section, and the "more commands" section (which is a bit complicated to reach at the moment) "flipable" to the left and the right of the "main-remote-section"?

so, new user, loads of new ideas :D - but if the app wasn't worth to make it even better as it is now, i wouldn't us one thought about it ;) - so, good work, keep on and thank you for reading....

(if anyone has some more suggestions about my post, or finds anything not clear and misunderstandable, please ask :confused:)

best, the newbie *g*

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi there...

switching to MP (finaly) from some other htpc-solution, i was playing around with ampdroid the last few days, for this is one of my "essentials" i need to have in the future...

first: after all, the app is great. a bit tricky to have it installed for the first time (manual? wtf is a manual? :D),
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Remote_Access/MPExtended/Installation_Guide
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Mobile/aMPdroid/Set_up_aMPdroid

Not sure what else we can do to make it less "tricky"...

and here we are right at the point: PLEASE provide some kind of "dark skin" for your app ASAP. i want to use this app on my tablet, and when i switch it on while watching some film or TV, i'm absolutely blinded. the white design is simply much too bright. a (switchable?) white on black (or better light grey on black) design would be more than helpful.
    Sorry but this is not really on the shortlist of upcoming features...

second, the "home" button in the remote-section does not work here. shouldn't you get to the main-menu when touching it? - i only get to the top of the module (e.g. music) i'm using....
    Hm strange, this is working for me... What happens when you press H (home) on your remote?

also some information about the actual time in the timeline, when watching films or listen to music, would be helpful (something like e.g. in the android youtube-app, where you can see the actual position AND the length of the file - "15:34 / 1:39:21" would be great)
    Yeah, the video player layout needs some work..

and at least i have some feature request: i'm shure, i'm not the only one, who would like to send commands to girder, IRtrans or any other 3rd application (in my case irtrans, to switch on and off my amp and my beamer remotely, and girder, to use a few relais i switch some lights with...), so a few "customizable" buttons might be a good idea.
    maybe there is a chance, to have one "customizable" section, and the "more commands" section (which is a bit complicated to reach at the moment) "flipable" to the left and the right of the "main-remote-section"?
    That would have to be implemented in WifiRemote first... Not a bad idea though...

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the meantime you can (if your not already doing that) use batchfiles + multishortcut to access stuff from inside ampdroid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom