[confirm] (Diablo) Cam + FloppyDTV frame drops/repeats on certain transponders (1 Viewer)

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After a weekend full of headaches trying to track down this problem and figuring out that it's not just MP which is affected I still decided to post this, since FloppyDTV creator Digital Everywhere doesn't exist anymore and maybe you guys are capable of countermeasuring this new hardware combo problem.

FloppyDTV, latest and last official driver 5.7, latest and last official firmware 1.5.2
    Diablo Cam 2.3 running latest and last compatible Underworld 2.16 with legal subscription card from Sky Deutschland.

What happened
    My subscription card can't be updated with new keys via the above combo. So every 2 months I have to dust off my standalone settop box to receive the new keys. I did that a few days ago as usual. Then it was back to the dust for the box and back with the smartcard into my MP HTPC.

What's the situation now (after extensive testing)
    1. [HTPC MP] Multiple scrambled channels get decrypted and suffer from frame drops/repeats and resulting artefacts, stuttering, pausing, audio dropouts...
    2. [HTPC MP] Multiple scrambled channels get decrypted and work flawlessly
    3. [HTPC MP] If there is an affected scrambled channel on a certain transponder, every scrambled channel on this transponder is affected.
    4. [HTPC MP] Free to air channels on those affected transponders work flawlessly
    5. [HTPC MP] Free to air channels work flawlessly on every transponder
    6. [HTPC MP] Behaviour is present on any sat cable in flat
    7. [HTPC FIREDTV VIEWER] Same behaviour as in MP
    8. [SETTOP] Everything works flawlessly everywhere
    Amateur Conclusion
    • Bad reception is not the problem (because of 4 & 8)
    • Problem lies within decryption process (because of 4 & 5)
    • Problem is not MP exclusive (because of 7)
    Experimental dshowhelper and TSReader show same behaviour as MP1.3a stock ones. Here are the logs with tuning through all those scenarios, maybe you'll be able to save this hardware combo for MP use with some kind of workaround. Thanks!

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I bought the firmware update to Diablo2, problem is gone. Thread can be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom