Did I mess up by installing V1.0.2? (1 Viewer)

Grahamgo

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Mexico
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I installed MediaPortal MediaPortal & TV-Server 1.0.2 release 3 days ago after doing a clean XP Pro install & SP3.

At the beginning of the install there was the question "do you want to watch TV with MediaPortal?". I answered "yes".

I was reading the home page and noticed that MediaPortal's TV-engine is quoted as at its "end of life" and is being replaced by the TV-server. I assume by answering "Yes" I am using the internal TV engine?

I have found a forum post that says I should have a folder called - Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal TV Server. I have no such folder.

So I wonder if I have messed up. So the question - when I installed MediaPortal should I have answered "no" and would that have installed the TV-server? Or perhaps should I have installed v1.1.1 and then upgraded to the 1.0.2 version?

I went to great pains to do a clean XP Pro install and follow all the requirements for MediaPortal, So should I uninstall V1.0.2 (or perhaps a system restore?) , or can I add the TV-server somehow?

I have not been able to get my DVB-S card to work at all using the MediaPortal configuration and have written to the forum about my attempts (see thread DVB-S autotune question). :( Perhaps the TV-server is the way to go?

Please help - thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If you run the installer again, say yes to all the TV options including hdtv, this will then just install the TVServer + plugin, so now all configuration for TV is done from the desktop shortcut "tv-server config.

You will be requested to fill in the password "MediaPortal", capital M and P :)

Grahamgo

Portal Member
    May 15, 2009
    Mexico
    Home Country
    Ray, thanks. I got it going. Now scanning on my DVB-S works, it refused to on the internal TV tuner. Now I cant get the TV-server working into MediaPortal but that must be much easier than getting DVB-S to work (3 days later!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom