Did I mess up? (1 Viewer)

Penbrock2

Portal Member
December 18, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed MP1 to replace Window$ Media Center. We now use WMC on 3 TV and 2 computers.
I installed MP, got it all set up like I like it, but now I think I messed up.
If I want to replace my 5 WMCs can I just have the rest call to my installed copy as the back end or do I need to install it on a dedicated computer?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Erm...I am not so sure what you are saying?!? I am not familiar with WMC but how did you connect to your TV when you have more TV's then you have PC's? With MP you need a client for each TV. This client has to be a Windows-PC. You can connect these clients with one server (where e.g. the TV-Cards are installed).

But as said, I am not so sure if I did understand you correct...

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can do 'client only' installs of MP on the other PCs - a 'single seat' installation (which I assume is what you have at the moment) can also act as the TV server for the whole network - many users run this kind of setup. A 'single seat' installation is basically TV server and MP client installed on the same PC.

On the 'client only' PCs, just go into MP configuration -> TV and select the server PC 'hostname' to set up the connection - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great I was hoping to keep a single tv server to feed the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom