Not open for further replies.

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I have the following issue since installing RC3. Several recordings just don't start, but then do once i start watching the channel.

Looking at the logs, it seems to be going in a loop of trying to tune but then an error of "could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal"

Tonight i had 2 programs scheduled "Come dine with me" at 7:30 and "Restuarant in our Living room" at 8:30.

I was watching a video until around 7:56 then wanted to watch "Come dine with me" from the start but realised it hadn't started recording. On tuning to the channel, it then started recording.

The same thing happened for the second show. (watching a video, then tuning in after the show had started)

I have 2 x DVB-T and 1 x DVB-S which all provide the same channel (DVB-T's with 1 & 2 priority), and have had no problems at all till I installed RC3.

Before tonights incidents and since installing RC3 I have had a strange issue happen twice where I start TV, watch for a few seconds, change channel but then get a repeat of the same part of TV i have just seen (starting from the moment when i switched on TV rather than display the new channel) If i fast forward i then get the new channel.

I also noticed that in these cases it had tuned to DVB-S and bypassed the 2x DVB-T (I have no logs for this incident , but will forward them next time it happens)

But tonight with the first show, When I tuned in to watch it, It did hit the DVB-t tuner and started recording. The second show hit the DVB-s and started recording. No other shows were being recorded at the time and it is a single seat setup so no other clients

Seems to be an issue with it not locking into my DVB-T tuners, but i have had no problems up till now and my signal is rock solid on both, but even then i would expect it would have tried them all down the chain till it found a signal

I haven't run MP in debug mode yet, but as it appears to be a TV server issue and as i have no plugins installed on that, so I didn't think I would make any difference, but i will test this out over the next few days just to make sure.

Just thought i would report it anyway in case it is any help

Here are the logs from tonight that show the looping (same as OP) and eventual locking once i start watching.

Thanks

DD :)

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Went to watch TV after last post and the repeating timeshift issue I mentioned happened straight away.

Switched on MP

Selected TV and TV 1 started playing (tuning to DVB-s)

changed to TV2 and get the same bit of video I'd just seem from the statup from TV1

tuned to TV6 and it starts from beginning again

tuned to TV7 and get the same.

logs with appended from 22:49.

Again it seems to be failing on 2 x DVB-t and falling to DVB-s. However i can fix it and get DVB-t working if
    I change to a channel on another frequency, then go back to the original freq it will be fine
    from then on and use the correct DVB-t cards. seems to be an issue when i first tries to tune in
    either for viewing or recording purposes.

It isn't signal related as it is fine from then on and i have had no signal problems with MP till RC3.

I realise this is a different issue to OP (and will log it as such if req), but possibly related to my & OP's recording
    issue as it is connected to it skipping past the cards with no signal (don't know why it keeps showing the same
    piece of timeshifting on each channel change though :confused:)

Hope it makes sense and helps

thanks

DD :)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Moved this posts to a new thread in RC3 forum. Wording could incorrect because of this.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Please start one thread per issue.

Also your previous logs are incomplete. First set does not include MediaPortal.log because you didn't use MP Debug Mode. Second set does not include any client logs at all.

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Apologies for posting in wrong forum. :oops:

followed the wrong link, but then found a post i thought was related.

I have started 2 new posts for the 2 issues i'm having

can you please close / delete this one as it's incomplete.

cheers

DD:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom